How do you challenge yourself?

by dwooten77

Original Post

Re: How do you challenge yourself?

Hero (Retired)

Entering the Plant Base as a Zombie and hanging out on the secret stairs in the garage is an excellent vantage point because many of the AI Plants and Plant Bosses seem reluctant to enter Crazy Dave's garage.

When people invite me into their Backyard but then obviously just want to mess around instead of doing anything constructive like Infinity Time/Ops/Multiplayer I usually wind up there vanquishing left and right and spawning crazy amounts of Bosses until I get bored. Having four Zombie Players inside the Plant Base in the Backyard creates an insane amount of chaos.

The only other Backyard activity I've seen get that crazy is to play Flag of Power as the Vampire Sunflower and push way past the Boss Wave into the Endless Wave. I've been literally swamped and surrounded by Giagantaurs to the point that I couldn't move or even see what was going on because the press of Zombies and Bosses was so thick. The upside was that I couldn't get knocked out of the circle with the base of the flagpole at my back and a crush of Zombies all around. The only thing that prevents the Vampire Sunflower from being unstoppable on Flag of Power is getting frozen by a Yeti.

Message 11 of 20 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]

I like using electro pea for that.  Mash mash mash!!  I guess that's the difference between an ok player like me and a highly skilled player like you.  Though back when I was main vampire player I did get really far in those situations so long as other people were also playing.

I just had a great idea.  They should put a timer on flag of power once the boss wave has finished and have it be something you can compete with others at, like the crazy target range.

Message 12 of 20 (505 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@realitysquared that's how I learned the vampire flower would be my go to in boss hunts. Still to this day. I know some good players that swear the stuffy flower is better but I just can't get it done with her like vamp. @pandareno1999 it can be tough depending on what difficulty your backyard is set on. Honestly when I play the vampire flower in flag of power, I find the boss wave to be where she shines, large targets provide almost infinite health. I've never tried the electro pea, I'm sure that's a blast. Back to reality, I can't stand it when I get invited to someone's backyard and there's no real plan of what to do. Not that I don't like the backyard brawls, I just enjoy a team on multiplayer much more.
Really digging the ideas coming in, get out there and try some stuff and post back or message me. Good stuff!
Message 13 of 20 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]

I play vampire flower like a tank.  Close quarters, as long as you're landing shots, you're good.  It works well until I get to hard difficulty and start taking more damage than I can recoup.  I was playing vampire a lot around the time of the sasquatch hunt, but I'm a bit out of practice now, so I did pea shooters for the yeti and let a friend be my vampy.

I keep my backyard set to invite only and ignore most invites that come from players I don't know well.  I got good and tired of players jumping into my backyard to PvP without asking first, and finding myself in someone else's yard with no aim in mind.  Likewise, I just ignore messages that read simply "invite me."

Message 14 of 20 (491 Views)

@Thorgonator wrote:

@pandareno1999, I tend not to plug in my mic if I'm just going to babble or narrate, but if team mates are willing to chat I'm more than happy to use it. Feel free to shoot me a friend request on PSN if you'd like to play a round together on occasion. Always nice to have a few friendly faces in a match, and I've added so many people that in Turf Takeover I've usually got several friends online.

Will do, but I've got to tell you up front that I am not at anywhere near your skill level.

Message 15 of 20 (484 Views)

★ Guide

Trying to play as Toxic Chomper or the Chemist. 'Nuff said.

Message 16 of 20 (476 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@dwooten77 wrote:
About 80% of the games I play people don't use their heal beam.

Fair point, literally no one who play as medic doesn't play as a medic.

Message 17 of 20 (470 Views)

★ Guide

@pandareno1999, I don't factor in a player's skill level when it comes to friend requests. The only time I care is if you're one of those players who never uses abilities, or runs into the middle of enemies mindlessly regardless of which class you're playing. Basically, if you know the bare minimum of what you're doing, that's fine with me. I don't usually take the game all that seriously, it's why I still find it fun even after being 5000+ rank.

Message 18 of 20 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dwooten77

For Boss Hunt I find myself using either the Vampire or Stuffy Sunflowers, depending on what we're up against. I wish more Boss Hunt players, or just players in general, were capable of playing a Healer class more effectively.

Message 19 of 20 (441 Views)

@Thorgonator wrote:

@pandareno1999, I don't factor in a player's skill level when it comes to friend requests. The only time I care is if you're one of those players who never uses abilities, or runs into the middle of enemies mindlessly regardless of which class you're playing. Basically, if you know the bare minimum of what you're doing, that's fine with me. I don't usually take the game all that seriously, it's why I still find it fun even after being 5000+ rank.

That's very kind of you to say.  I don't mean to sell myself short.  I'd say I'm a competent player, but not quite at the "more streaks than a pack of bacon" level I noticed from you!

Message 20 of 20 (429 Views)