How do you challenge yourself?

by dwooten77

Original Post

How do you challenge yourself?

Champion (Retired)
i still have much love for the game. Sometimes I just need to mix it up a little. So whether your max rank looking for something new, or just bored, what do you do? One challenge I like is to use a scientist or sunflower, get 0 kills, and try to make top of the leaderboard. It's very possible, but difficult. I'd like to hear if any of you do something creative to switch it up.
Message 1 of 20 (738 Views)

Re: How do you challenge yourself?

★ Guide

Actually, me and a group of friends on ps4 often get together and do exactly that. We set up odd, and often ridiculous requirements in order for us to continue. Some actually make things difficult, others are just for fun. Here's a few of them:

Goop the Pirate: All participants play as a Chomper. While playing Turf Takeover, we cannot advance to the enemy base until we have killed a pirate collectively using only goop attacks. Proper goop, no Chomp Cannon allowed. If there are no Pirates available, we target whichever one of the enemies is acting as a sniper. There's pretty much always going to be at least one.

Field Goal: All players play as All Stars, and wait for the enemy to advance to the base in Turf Takeover. Then, all participants charge and simultaneously use the imp punt.

Swallow the *insert class here*: Basically play through an entire match of Turk Takeover, again as Chompers, and whoever eats the most of whichever class we select is the winner. Biting, breath, spikeweed, and goop KOs DO NOT count, only swallowing the player.

RNG character select: Every time you die, use a random number generator to pick a number between 1 and however many characters you've unlocked for whichever side you're currently playing, and assign each number to a different character that you've unlocked. No matter what, even if it rolls as your least favorite character, you must play as whichever number it lands on.

There are any number of other ways to challenge yourself, but I prefer to have fun while doing it.

Message 2 of 20 (684 Views)

@Thorgonator I was just in TT with you a short while ago, I think both for and against.  You actually had something constructive to say on the mic, that was refreshing.  Your game ideas sound fun.

Message 3 of 20 (671 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Thorgonator. Awesome ideas! The chomper snipe sounds like a blast. Next time you and your friends are in an aggressive TT game where the plants are advancing, try stacking barrels as the pirate class. With the set speed of the barrel you can all move around stacked pretty good. Another one I like is with the super brainz class. Switch your aim type to toggle aim. You can then jump and shoot your laser while jumping. It's hilarious to watch and you'll love the comments from the other team at the end.
Message 4 of 20 (659 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi:

My young son and his friends play "hide and seek". They play on one of the non-TT maps with the crazy setting of instant kill on. Then one person plays as a citron the other others as zombies. When the match begins, the citron goes somewhere on the map and "hides" (in ball form its easy to miss), and the zombies then seek it. Instant kill = found!

Not as stressful as the battles, but they're young and inventive!

Have fun!

Message 5 of 20 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Here is an idea where you cannot use any abilities (including heal beam and heal beam of science). Not only its a very hard and resisting challenge, it won't tick-off the opposing team. Call it something like "Anti-Ability."

Message 6 of 20 (625 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Linker9851. About 80% of the games I play people don't use their heal beam. I do like the no ability challenge idea though. I just don't think I would do it with the medic class. But I will try it with the super brainz class.
Message 7 of 20 (610 Views)

★ Guide

@pandareno1999, I tend not to plug in my mic if I'm just going to babble or narrate, but if team mates are willing to chat I'm more than happy to use it. Feel free to shoot me a friend request on PSN if you'd like to play a round together on occasion. Always nice to have a few friendly faces in a match, and I've added so many people that in Turf Takeover I've usually got several friends online.

@dwooten77, Ooh, we hadn't thought of stacking barrel pirates, that sounds amazingly fun, I can just imagine the look on the enemy teams face when a walking totem pole of pirates charges the base. I'm going to have to steal that idea.

Message 8 of 20 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I like to horse around in the backyard. Grab a character and run to the other side's home base to see how many bosses I can spawn at once! I've had some epic battles in the backyard with 8+ bosses spawned between the 2 sides all fighting it out while I try to survive the craziness. My one friend that often plays with me will jump in and we'll see just how crazy it can get.

I think the spontaneous nature of the backyard battleground is one of my favorite ideas/features of GW2. I wish MMOs would have worlds that were more active like this instead of the static spawns you usually see.

Message 9 of 20 (583 Views)

@Iron_Guard8, try getting the bosses to chase you into the enclosed areas.  You can get the bosses to chase you all the way into the infinity time areas, it's hilarious.  Unfortunately, only they can make the doors open and close, so you might find yourself trapped in there if you kill them!

Message 10 of 20 (568 Views)