Great balance idea!

by PRIMECUTS

Original Post

Great balance idea!

★ Guide
Since Z's have a slight advantage over Plants because of their pre attacks and bonus attacks and endless card drawing, etc...

I say the plants should be able to pick their special attack when their shield is activated! Or maybe just be able to pick the order pre game?

New strats would arise and breathe some fresh air back into the game. Not that I think it's dying off, just maybe getting stale because people already have their decks optimized.

Message 1 of 16 (618 Views)

Re: Great balance idea!

★★ Pro
If you have an "optimized" deck, you know that you can still play other decks and try new things, right?
I don't think that the game is getting stale and getting a new card every week is pretty cool but it is also a good way to keep shaking things up...to help prevent that staleness
Message 2 of 16 (593 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Agree with @patdk75, the game/metas are changing nearly every week depending on the strength of the Event cards.

@PRIMECUTS, you must be new to these boards.  Standard smile  There is a lot of divided camps on which side is stronger/OP.  I think allowing Plant heroes to choose their next superpower trick would be completely OP if Zombies didn't have the same opportunity.  It's random for a reason, to give an element of surprise/luck.

BPRD

Message 3 of 16 (577 Views)

★ Guide

Lol 😂 zombies are stronger. Please play zombies. I have no deck on zombie side which has such winrates as my plant decks and I started with zombies. Plants are op right now. E.g. clique peas or hero’s which have strong heal, removal, legends and sun booster. There is not much I can do on zombie side. My tactic is kill him bofore round 5 otherwise it’s game over.

Message 4 of 16 (566 Views)

★★ Pro
I think that you may want to reassess your playing style @Dave058182 because I don't think that plants have that big an advantage.
Like is said everytime, any deck can usually roll over any deck for no reason other than bad luck drawing, and plenty of cards on both sides have tendency of being able to do ridiculous amounts of hurt when the cards fall in place.

But for the amount of cards you have, or at least seem to have(plenty of screenshots that show 80+ of some cards and 20k+ gems), I don't think that you should have the issues that you seem to have...unless its just one of those things and you are like my grandpa, and only happy when having something to gripe about. 😉
Message 5 of 16 (553 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

being able to choose your superpowers would be cheesy and cheap. especially if only plants had the option. 

Message 6 of 16 (539 Views)

★ Guide

@patdk75 Well I play on both sides and know that there are just a few decks where I can win against plants. It’s very obvious when you see that 90% of the ultimates are plant players. If I play plants I get very rarely an even opponent most of the time he is 30ish. And it doesn’t matter how stupid I play and how many mistakes I do I almost always win 

Message 7 of 16 (529 Views)

★★ Pro
Well that might be on the opposition then rather than the cards. If you're "playing stupid", which has kind of bad connotations, and still winning the majority of your games, maybe your opponent is not trying either? I don't know bud, but one thing I do know is that as a whole, the dev team for pvz:h has done a great job with keeping the game fairly even.
And that means for free to play players having a decent amount of cards to aquire(weekly event cards) so that they can still hang with those of us who do put money into the game(or I like calling it financially supporting) without either faction feeling that the other has more advantage then they should.
Also it means that in general, any deck can beat any deck if the cards fall in place.
I know that there are some stupid, STUPID combos that can destroy you faster than the time it takes to realize that you are pooched. But it happens on both sides, and I have to believe that you have seen it as well on both sides
Message 8 of 16 (513 Views)

★ Guide
I stand by what I said originally. Being able to pre set them would even the playing field. Z's have the advantage. Yes plants have powerful cards but Z's have pre-strike, bonus attacks, draw card draw card draw card, extra brains extra brains, play zombie during trick bonus attack. No fatigue meter on tricks is totally one sided.
Throw the plants a bone!!!
Message 9 of 16 (505 Views)

★★ Pro
There would be no reason for many of the supertricks if you got to choose when the block meter is set off.
I think that they could stand to buff a couple of supertricks. On both sides, the bounce a random plant/zombie could have "draw a card" added and would not hurt anything
Message 10 of 16 (497 Views)