Re: Game Spotlight - The Dragon Age Series

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

★★ Pro

If any of you play Heroes of Dragon Age, what are the coloerd keys for? I already got lot of them and I don't know what they to

Message 11 of 43 (612 Views)

@Straatford87 Orzammar. I love the trouble brewing underneath the surfaceStandard smile

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 12 of 43 (604 Views)

EA DICE Team

@mathematics654

It took me quite a long time to finish the Hinterlands, it's a big zone. I was also both scared and surprised at finding my first Dragon there.. exciting battle.. :D

In regards to Heroes, this is what I found for you on the wiki:

Heroes of Dragon Age uses colors to display the nature, or faction, of the units.[7] The colored circular plate in each character's base denotes their status. The coloring rationale, with some exceptions, is defined below:

• Black: The dark forces of Thedas, such as darkspawn, undead and demons.
  • Blue: Magical beings, such as elves, mages and spirits.
  • Red: Those outside of the major order, such as wild animals, rogues, apostates, and Qunari.
  • White: The established order of Thedas, such as nobility, ordinary soldiers, templars, and Grey Wardens.
  • Large: Beings that are larger than ordinary men, such as golems, ogres and dragons.
    • Large is technically considered as a faction, but its characters do not count towards any faction bonuses.

(Source)

@ivrognard

What I loved about Orzammar is that I had no idea the zone was there. I just came across it, it seemed very mysterious coupled with a great story line. Definitely an awesome zone!

Message 13 of 43 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I may be in the absolute minority here, but Dragon Age 2 is my favourite of the Dragon Age games so far. While I most certainly see the flaws that the game has, here why I like it:

It tells a story in a story.

I come from a family of storytellers. This is probably the reason why I was always much more interested in how a story was told than what story was told. I don't mind spoilers at all and appreciate stories for how well they are told.

Having an unreliable narrator in a game is something you only see very rarely. I love that we don't see the real story, but rather what Varric tells Cassandra about it. And the game reminds us of this from time to time. My favourite reminder is probably Varric's personal quest "Family Matter" where you first play Varric's ideal version of the story:

I really like Hawke!

It may have to do with the fact that the Warden in Origins wasn't a voiced character and Hawke finally is. I had a lot of fun with my rather sarcastic Hawke and found both voice actors quite good.

It's all about family.

I like the much smaller scale this game has. It's all about one person and their family trying to survive and prosper in an increasingly crazy world.

Some of those stories ... o_O

Some parts of DA2 are outright scary. I had a lot of fun with some of the quests and story lines. My favourites are Aveline's attempts at romance and the whole storyline around Hawke's mother and 

Spoiler
the serial killer.

I especially like the latter when I play through the game nowadays, already knowing what is about to come. The small hints throughout the game stand out much more that way.

Gameplay!

Such a huge improvement over Origins. The fights are so smooth. Love my rogue Hawke with his sword and dagger. 

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 14 of 43 (591 Views)

★★ Pro

@Straatford87

I ment the quest keys (in blue, yellow, green and purple) it's says that it's unlock eventes  but I haven't found event that required key yet, thnks for the creature color summrey throuht, it's very helping me as well

Message 15 of 43 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Favourite area... That's a toughie... Probably The Emerald Graves, it's so pretty.

Least favourite area I can answer easy... I'm with Varric regarding The Deep Roads :P

My favourite game from the series does have to be 2, it was different to be essentially stuck in one area, but it was still enjoyable for me and the interaction with the other characters even made me shed a tear or two... Plus I love Sandal, having him live with me was awesome. Would definitely love to see more of him, I would be so happy if I was wondering The Deep Roads or some cave in Inquisition just to find him at the top of a pile of corpses with that smile on his face. Bless his cottons.

Also, my message tone for my phone is 'enchantment!' ^_^

Message 16 of 43 (561 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Teknikah

@Teknikah wrote:

Favourite area... That's a toughie... Probably The Emerald Graves, it's so pretty.

+1 for everything forest.. :-) 

Least favourite area I can answer easy... I'm with Varric regarding The Deep Roads :P

My favourite game from the series does have to be 2, it was different to be essentially stuck in one area, but it was still enjoyable for me and the interaction with the other characters even made me shed a tear or two... Plus I love Sandal, having him live with me was awesome. Would definitely love to see more of him, I would be so happy if I was wondering The Deep Roads or some cave in Inquisition just to find him at the top of a pile of corpses with that smile on his face. Bless his cottons.

Spending too much time in the deep roads makes me feel claustrophobic!

That's an instant win right there! :D

Message 17 of 43 (545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

EA_Tom wrote:

@Teknikah

That's an instant win right there! :D

It's not just my message tone that's taken from DA :P, my ringtone is the tavern music from The Hanged Man. I love that track!

Message 18 of 43 (541 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Teknikah

I agree, it's a great track! 

Any other cool Dragon Age stuff that you use in daily life? :D

Message 19 of 43 (518 Views)

★★ Novice

I picked up DAO on the house and got hooked. Played every one in order, updated my keep and all that. if you want to improve it, make the world as open as Skyrim, make the decisions as vague and far reaching as the Witcher ( with the Good vs Evil evident; or not!) Give the protagonist a solid moral compass instead of all this straight up grossly immoral behavior. Maybe allow some modding this time that isnt limited to color and hair. I always thought it sucked that the protagonist had to bow to the empress at the end of DAI. I mean, suck her pompous * into the vortex with all those other noble usurpers and fakes! And how id Solas all of a sudden become strong enough to turn his enemies into stone just by looking at them? That would have been hella useful when sealing rifts! Sorry just venting loved the game. MORE PLEASE!

Message 20 of 43 (493 Views)