Re: Game Spotlight - The Battlefield series

by ivrognard

Original Post

Honestly I started play Battlefield at Battlefield Bad company 2. It was great game. I still remember Heavy Metal, windmills and snipers Tongue out.

And... Bfbc2 is my favorite Battlefield. Great single-player + awesome multi-player.

This year I changed my gaming platform to Xbox one. It makes my battlefield playing more satisfying.

Now I try to be close to community. #fnb, forums etc.

Cheers.

Message 21 of 31 (884 Views)

★ Apprentice

i used to like battlefield untill I started watching the battlefield steamers on twitch, after OoLaLa87 changed the rules for the giveaway and the streamers don't really care unless there the special people they only talk to, i can't stand this game or the streamers any more so i won't buy any more battlefield games

Also i sent a pm to battlefield twitch page but they don't care also never even got anything back from them. I never had a problem with EA till that happened.

Message 22 of 31 (849 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Knightw0lf_0

Could you clarify the part about the streamers? And what would happen if you didn't watch the streamers? Would you then still enjoy the game?

Message 23 of 31 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

watching streamers actually changed my views on games to buy and not to buy, i don't even use steam reviews or any other games reviews anymore. there more like a joke nowdays in which you really can't 100% trust them.

I seen streamers where they played games to the point i either buy the game or put it on my wishlist later

Personally it's hard for me to enjoy games knowing sponsored streamers and such don't really care about there viewers unless there subs and companies backing them up, so it's a let down for me. i play titanfall 2 though which i enjoy

also doing that promotion we where supposed to answer questions to win a free or something it was even under the battlefield Rule giveaway but that person did there own rules and instead we had to post a a meme that makes her laugh to win a game, which limits how many people can win and as well makes giffs

Message 24 of 31 (830 Views)

@Knightw0lf_0  streamers....the vast majority of them are not sponsored by anyone, but they also do not care much about the games. They care about viewership and the revenue. When it comes at youtubers i have only two that i can stomach (none of them in good graces with the big publishers): AngryJoe and Total Biscuit. As for actual streamers, i have yet to encounter one that i would like and consider relatively objective.

See...most of those streamers are not passionate about the games, but that's the most accessible subject for them. Due to the sheer numbers, you can rarely manage to spot the ones that actually care. Time will sort them out, though. When it comes to new forms of entertainment you will always have the opportunists, but in the end only the good ones remain. But it takes time and we are still at the beginning of the streaming boom.

Many streamers are promoting their channels (twitch or youtube) through giveaways. Those are paid from their own pockets, so they can have whatever rules they come up with.

Sponsored streamers are obligated through laws and rules to state clearly if they are doing a paid piece to advertise a product. Both youtube and twitch have those implemented. Sponsored streamers also have to follow a guideline and if they are doing a sponsored GA, they have to follow the guidelines imposed by the publisher (GA are in the form of a raffle, so anyone would get a fair chance and twitch has that implemented quite well).

I never put much stock in whatever streamers are saying or doing. That's a big offer and eventually i find a video that would actually show me whatever interests me: gameplay, story, possible bugs and so on. Don't care much about reviews, as that's quite a bit of time since they are biased (most of them, anyway). Customer reviews can't be trusted either, as there are documented cases of companies trying to manipulate those. And that kind of leaves us in the cold, as you do not have a trusted source for information. We need to read and view and put everything we've seen and read in balance. And then we decide if we want to go on with our purchase or use the money for something else.

As for GA, unless is something that the publisher does officially (for EA is On The House program or whatever they give to EA Play), i wouldn't fret too much. Never expect a handout, as life is not that easy. If someone makes a nice gesture, cool. Say thank you and that's it. If not, what did you lose?! But you can still be nice towards others and damn with those that are saying otherwise.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 25 of 31 (817 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Knightw0lf_0

Thanks for the details.. Standard smile

I've sent you a PM so please check that out when you have time.

Cheers,

Message 26 of 31 (806 Views)

★★ Pro

I wanted to update my answer after getting 2 more BF games from Origin Access, now it's hard for me to pick a fav between Battelfield 1 and Battelfield Hardline, BFH got super cool police game modes, I feel like Hardline is underated, I love this game and it's cool to see a diffrent themed BF game (police instaed of war)

Message 27 of 31 (774 Views)

@mathematics654  i agree that Hardline feels quite underrated. I loved the little that i've played from the campaign. The fact that encourages you to play as an actual cop and try to arrest the perpetrators is a nice bonus for me. I did not try the MP yet, but the SP is quite nice.The story is not spectacular, but the gameplay is actually better than i was led ot believe that it was. 

At the same time, BF1 has an incredible SP campaign. The stories are intense, well-written and capture a lot the way the war actually is. And i appreciate that little detail a lot. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 28 of 31 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started playing battlefield in the beginning on PC.

ive not had a gaming pc for a few years now but miss playing battlefield 2142

will ea remake for pc or PlayStation as this was by far the most entertaining battlefield game

Message 29 of 31 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had the original Battlefield and still have Battlefield 1942 complete collection which includes Battlefield Vietnam. - Always enjoyed them and amazing to see the progress in graphics video and game play. Still not enough info about what or how things work so makes for a longer learning curve. Find the resources online scanty. However love the game and the realism! From one of the old gaming vets

Message 30 of 31 (456 Views)