Re: Game Progress not justified - player forced to involve real money.

by yud111

Original Post

Game Progress not justified - player forced to involve real money.

★★★ Newbie

I have purchased 2 Gold Packs in the game - spent more then 1k gold and still stuck with cars at not the qualifying level. The concept of the game is designed to force the player to involve real money to purchase packs or gold to continue. Raised issue with Firemonkeys and got unprofessional reply. Totally disappointed with the way the concern is handled.

Message 1 of 8 (908 Views)

★★★ Guide
Hi Brother, this topic has been dealt with many times in this official forum. I can assure you that there are many people who do not spend real money and are very much ahead of the progress of the game. It all depends on the hours spent on the game and your playing strategy. I suggest you read some discussion and take the many advice given. However, I agree that those who spend real money like me are more in favor than those who do not spend money.
Message 2 of 8 (893 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DonnyParth wrote:

I have purchased 2 Gold Packs in the game - spent more then 1k gold and still stuck with cars at not the qualifying level. The concept of the game is designed to force the player to involve real money to purchase packs or gold to continue. Raised issue with Firemonkeys and got unprofessional reply. Totally disappointed with the way the concern is handled.

Although EA almost forces you to spend real world $, and although you certainly get an advantage by doing so, you CAN progress in the game without spending real world $.

I started the game less than a year ago, finished the campaign a long time ago, have 44 cars in my garage, completed 27 of of 37 Car Series events (the rest I cannot complete because the cars are un-upgradable), etc. And all this without spending real world $.

Yes, the repetition of replays is dead boring. And yes, you do have to spend a bit of time every day running boring replays in order to harvest components and $. But it certainly can be done. Just like Unicomessina said, it all depends on how much time you dedicate to this game.

Message 3 of 8 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Believe me when I say I have literally dedicated hours to this game on a a daily basis. There are so many games out in the market but this one has such a poor concept of progress. Doing the same races again and again, and you're not even sure if you'll get your BP in the mystery prize. You can play more, dedicate more time and you get so less. I am currently at a stage where I don't have any car at the required PR. I've spent 8 days playing the repetitive races again and again but I don't get the BP or parts I need. 3 repeat events allowed, and you're done. I started playing the current Jaguar Fastlane event to get that car and go forward, but it bankrupted me of all my gold and still no luck.

The developers should really know their failures here.

Message 4 of 8 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Unicomessina wrote:
I can assure you that there are many people who do not spend real money and are very much ahead of the progress of the game.

And I'm one of them. Download laughing 25

I have not spend a single cent on No Limits (Never going to either) and it took me 6 months to complete the Campaign.

I've been playing the game since its official worldwide release on September 30, 2015.

All players got to do is keep replaying races and upgrading their cars to reach the required PR to continue progressing. Nobody said the game can be finished in a short amount of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 8 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheRealJony wrote:

And I'm one of them. Download laughing 25

I have not spend a single cent on No Limits (Never going to either) and it took me 6 months to complete the Campaign.

I've been playing the game since its official worldwide release on September 30, 2015.

All players got to do is keep replaying races and upgrading their cars to reach the required PR to continue progressing. Nobody said the game can be finished in a short amount of time.

+1

Totally agree.

I've only been playing for less than a year and also have not spent a cent of real world $.

Finished the Campaign, got 44 cars in the garage, finished most Car Series events.

You just need a lot of patience.

Message 6 of 8 (767 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@DonnyParth wrote:

Believe me when I say I have literally dedicated hours to this game on a a daily basis. There are so many games out in the market but this one has such a poor concept of progress. Doing the same races again and again, and you're not even sure if you'll get your BP in the mystery prize. You can play more, dedicate more time and you get so less. I am currently at a stage where I don't have any car at the required PR. I've spent 8 days playing the repetitive races again and again but I don't get the BP or parts I need. 3 repeat events allowed, and you're done. I started playing the current Jaguar Fastlane event to get that car and go forward, but it bankrupted me of all my gold and still no luck.

The developers should really know their failures here.

I would agree that it makes it very hard not to pay for the game, which I did and I still found the progress annoying. You have to be extremely dedicated to the game to progress much without gold. It has taken me over 4 months even with paying from the start and I got stuck in the same trap so many times of not being able to upgrade PR because the races were locked and not being able to complete races because the cars didn't have enough PR leaving you to buy gold to spend on creates for blueprints.

Some of the upgrades are so irritating like one of the car events needs me to get 60 blueprints when every one before it was about 20-25. That's just a really low thing to do to jack up the number of blueprints right at the end. It's the same with the parts costs when you have 5 star parts and they charge $40k or more for every upgrade sometimes to not even get a single PR point.

I'm at a point where my Koenigsegg is stuck at stage 4 and I need 10 BP but the gold crates don't give me them and I can't win them because you only get them at the end of Chapter 19, which is the end of the Campaign. To get the number of BP to finish the game, I have to buy gold or somehow collect about $40m worth of scrap points.

I'm not against paying, I paid for the game, more than any other mobile game and it still locks me out from progressing. I reckon to finish the game in a reasonable timeframe e.g less than 2 months I would need to pay another £40. Going through the grinding will take me about 5-6 months.

Message 7 of 8 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@andrewr_origin  I'm sorry but I disagree with you.

You do not have to spend real world $ to progress in the game. Read some of the posts of @TheRealJony for example.

I have:

* been playing for just over a year

* finished the campaign a long time ago

* reached rep level of 100 a long time ago

* have 47 cars in my garage, 24 of them I won in special events

* have over 2000 gold

All the above without spending a cent of real world money.

And I'm not alone. There are many others.

Yes, you need a lot of patience. (a lot!). Yes, the game is sometimes dead boring, especially when you run the same tracks over and over again, hundreds of times, to harvest components for parts. Yes, sometimes you get stuck in the campaign for a long period of time until your best car is good enough.

BUT it certainly can be done.

I get 30-something gold every day by completing the daily assignments. Plus another 5 by running the ads (can't say I'm watching them... they are just playing...). Some gold in SE's. Some gold in the Car Series (when I unlock new cars).

So it all adds up.

(and I don't do BBR, which I hate with a passion!)

So it's definitely possible. You just need to be patient...

my 2 cents...

Message 8 of 8 (576 Views)