Re: GW3

by NerdBunker_Sam

Original Post

GW3

★★★★ Apprentice

is there gonna be a gw3? xd im new to this forum and just got the second game, first one was amazing

Message 1 of 18 (2,780 Views)

Hey.

There isn't any official info about Garden Warfare 2. Remember to be sure to follow EA's and PvZ's social media Standard smile

Who knows? Maybe at next Ea Play we will see something about new Garden Warfare game. Just be patient Standard smile

Message 2 of 18 (2,769 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Many people as assuming that there will be a GW3 but officially there has been no word that a third installment of the franchise is actually being considered or currently being developed.
Message 3 of 18 (2,746 Views)

★ Guide

the reason there has been so much talk of GW3 is partly my fault (i think) most of us are really looking forward to see if GW3 is coming and we have all been posting ideas, balancing, new characters, new features and more. sorry if this has been bugging you.  

Message 4 of 18 (2,735 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Several Youtubers have been commenting on this idea. PopCap had put up ads looking for people to work on scripting single and multiplayer shooters and some other ones, mentioning a AAA PvZ shooter. It's natural to believe it's GW3 but it could be a brand new PvZ shooter although if I had to bet it would be on GW3.

I also am inclined to think that several of these mystery portal events are intentionally setup to test various classes in limited environments to check up on balance in a narrower scope since its much harder to judge how class A works in the main game with so many variables and this is to get the balance closer to nominal in GW3.

I do hope we get more news soon. I love GW1&2 and play 2 pretty much a little everyday but with no new major DLC anymore I've been itching for a new PvZ shooter and all the signs we do have point to GW3 and most likely in 2019 or perhaps late 2018.

Message 5 of 18 (2,727 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

yeah, that's what i thought. but then i heard so many rumors about gw3 and "release dates" that i didn't know what to believe.

Message 6 of 18 (2,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Iron_Guard8

I don't know if they are specifically using the town hall events for what you said, but what you're getting at is the way the game should have been tested to begin with. I've broke the world record/#1 rank for Injustice/PS4 for ranked wins (25,000), flawless victories, etc. and in 1v1 fighting games, people create tier lists and extract data using a more scientific method. They basically analyze complex math (called frame data) and then they create a first to 10 scenario of one character versus another. If a character is 7 to 3 against another character, that's considered very good, and said character will move up on the tier list if his frame data, and move set are good.

With Garden Warfare, the same thing should be done (minus the frame data thing), except it would obviously take alot longer because each character would have to 1v1 every other character in the game (while in the hands of two experts), of which there are obviously over 100 characters. You might even have to do a long range, mid range and close range battle. Then there should obviously be an evaluation outside of one on ones in a team setting. For example, I'm really good with the Chomper and he's sort of the one on one master (in my opinion) and that matters, but not as much in a team battle because all it takes is one second guy (in some situations) to beat him.

The mistake that developers made with Garden Warfare 2 is that they tweaked characters, so it seems, based on feedback from random players instead of sheer science, mathematics, and expert opinion.

Message 7 of 18 (2,650 Views)

★ Guide

Obviously if somebody is trying to sell a video game then the opinion of random players matter, but in terms of sheer gameplay balancing, an expert is likely to know more about the game than a random person that just got it and doesn't understand how to play it. In other words, the complaints of average players can be addressed with experts simply balancing the game with math and science.

A lower level math student, for example, can certainly offer some insight into a phd mathematicians way of solving problems, but they are not going to be able to preach to the phd about how 2 plus 2 equals 4.

Message 8 of 18 (2,642 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Zethexxx and glad to hear you are enjoying the game! As for the next installment in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare franchise, no official announcements were made on this.  Follow our official Twitter channel to get all the latest news on all Plants vs Zombies related news.  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 9 of 18 (2,589 Views)

★ Guide

I really don't like this, in a way this is a ploy to get more followers and they won't post anything in possibly a long time, I really wish they would give us a different answer.

(also I've seen the exact same message before )

(GIVE US SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND HELPFUL ALREADY)  <---- I am 'really' annoyed 

Message 10 of 18 (2,549 Views)