Re: Fun Pet Deck for the Smash!

by patdk75

Original Post

Fun Pet Deck for the Smash!

★ Guide

Hey guys, just wanted to share a really fun, fast pet zoo deck for the Smash. I am F2P, so my deck isn't as tricked out as it can be, so I'll first give you my decklist, but then I'll give you what I think the optimal one is. My decklist is in an image below but in case it doesn't work here it is:

Decklist:

4x Camel Crossing(1 cost-Pet trick-all zombies get + 2)

3x Cat lady(1 cost-pet zombie-0/4, this gets +3 when you play a pet this turn)

4x Dog Walker(1 cost-pet zombie-2/2, hunt)

3x Fraidy Cat(1 cost-pet zombie-2/2, when a plant trick is played, this gets +1/+1 and moves to a random lane)

4x Nibble(1 cost-Gourmet Trick-A plant gets -1/-1. Heal your hero for 2)

4x Rolling Stone(1 cost-trick-Destroy a plant with 2 attack or less)

4x Pied Piper(2 cost-dancing pet zombie-2/1, gravestone, when revealed: plants here get -1/-1)

3x Turkey Rider(2 cost-imp pet zombie-2/2, when destroyed, gain leftovers[2 cost, all zombies get +1/+1])

4x Zookeeper(2 cost-pet zombie-2/2, when you play a pet, all pets get +1 attack)

4x Dolphin Rider(3 cost-pet zombie-3/2, amphibious)

3x Going Viral(3 cost-trick-all zombies get +1/+1 and frenzy. Shuffle 3 going viral cards into you deck. Draw a card.)

Sorry if that's a bit wordy, just wanted to make sure you guys get everything. So, that is the deck, now here are my suggested upgrades if you have the sparks:

Upgrades:

Remove 4x Pied Piper-replace with Stompadon(3 cost-history pet zombie-2/4, Dinoroar[whenever you draw a card]: all zombies in your hand get +1/+1)--note: this upgrade will make the deck a little bit slower, be sure to test before incorporating.

Remove 4x Nibble-replace with 1x Cat Lady, 1x Fraidy Cat, 1x Turkey Rider, an 1x Going Viral.

Now lets move on to cards you might think I would include, but I haven't. Here are my reasons for not including the following cards:

Hover-Goat 3000(3 cost-science pet zombie-1/3, amphibious, when played, another zombie gets +2/+2. When hurt, bounce[return to hand] this goat.) The reason I do not run this card is because 3 is the top of my curve, and for a 3 coster, this only buffs one guy. In a zoo deck, I want to buff a ton. So, he's a no.

Coffee Zombie(6 cost-gourmet mustache zombie-4/3, when played: all zombies get +1/+1 and frenzy) Similar to the goat, he's a good card. And though he buffs everyone, he's too expensive for this deck at 6 brains.

Intergalactic Warlord(5 cost-mustache pirate zombie-2/2, when played: for the rest of the game, all zombies get +1/+1) I think you see the theme here. Great card, but too expensive for the deck at 5 brains.

Wrapup:

I would say this is a relatively affordable deck, at around 12k sparks, but fraidy cat was the event card recently, so closer to 9 or 10k. It's more expensive if you choose my upgrades, but it's not extremely bad. 

The goal of this deck is to come out of the gate firing, as you can see by all the 1 drops, and only 2 different 3 drops for a combined 7. The deck really should be winning by or before turn 7/8. There isn't much removal, so if it takes too long, you will be screwed. However, if you play it well, you shouldn't have an issue.

Strengths:

This deck is super fast, and your opponent won't have much to defend it early game with your guys getting constantly buffed. Throw down a going viral and they can no longer just chump block.

Weaknesses:

If you get a really slow hand, which is VERY rare, you will have trouble. Once your opponent gets down high power and high health plants, it'll be hard to get through even with a going viral or 2. make sure to be smart with when you use zookeeper, because if he dies early, the going could be rough, especially if your hand relies on him.

Questions:

If you have any questions/suggestions/comments, leave them below, I'd love to hear them.

Below is the decklist and  screenshots of fun board states. And yes in the second one he will kill 4 of the 5, but dang look at the stats. He still had no chance :P

Message 1 of 9 (1,506 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

here's the one I'm using today in Ranked, gaining 10 stars this afternoon. (in b4 'plants are better than zombies')

Message 2 of 9 (1,501 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jaydabbler Damn, 7 new legendaries right away. (I only got two unu )

@jakeman102201 Nice deck man. Seems like a pretty annoying thing to deal with :/

I don't personally like Pet decks, but I guess I can try this one for those missions that involves in "buff the strenght of 3 zombies" or "buff the strenght of a zombie to 6", etc.

Message 3 of 9 (1,484 Views)

★ Guide

Any Kabloom heroes can counter this deck.
There's too many opponents using Mushrooms which that can totally destroy this deck completely and this deck lacks early combat to counter cards like Cat Lady being fronted by Bonk Choy and Shroom for two. 

Zookeeper is really hard to keep so he isn't really that viable. There's too many players that can destroy this deck easily. So i don't think this could be fit for RANKED mode.

Message 4 of 9 (1,469 Views)

★★ Pro
And you ask why people don't want to help you anymore. Any deck that is posted something can counter, so why don't you stick to this as a rule...if you don't have any constructive criticism, then stfu
Message 5 of 9 (1,451 Views)

★ Guide

@OldSchool9210The entire point of the deck is to buff up all of your zombies using going viral, camel crossing, zookeeper, and the smash's powers, in conjuction with nibble and rolling stone clear the path and keep all of your zombies alive. Obviously I won't throw out zookeeper turn 2 with nothing on the board, that's asking for a loss. You hold onto zookeeper until you have about 5 brains, then you play him with 2-3 pets, and then you get value. Also, keep in mind, I am free to play, so it's not like I can just make decks teeming with legendaries, a few super-rares and event cards is the best I can do

Message 6 of 9 (1,443 Views)

★ Guide

It’s a good deck but on 49 I am not be able to get progress. Again the card draw issue. At some point I starve out and loose unfortunately.

Message 7 of 9 (1,410 Views)

★ Guide

@Dave058182 Fair enough, league 49 must be pretty rough :/ If you've got the cards I would certainly recommend the upgrades I provided. Keep in mind this deck was mainly meant as a showing of a fairly cheap($ wise) deck, but I'm sure that as you go up in leagues it won't work as well

Message 8 of 9 (1,406 Views)

★★ Pro
Two thumbs up for the viral petting zoo. I love naming the decks, gives them a bit of personality and I usually try to make it funny/witty wordplay or some kind of pun on plants or zombies like the names and stuff
Message 9 of 9 (1,395 Views)