Re: Fuel running out is annoying and pointless

by TheRealJony

Original Post

Fuel running out is annoying and pointless

★★★★ Novice

This game is great to play but I'm so fed up with the fuel locking me out of the game. The game items are also way too expensive. I paid £15 for gold items and I still get locked out from playing after a few races. These purchases give me about 2000 gold over 30 days but 5 blueprints are 275 gold so this is about 35 blueprints and a single car can use 25 blueprints. I can't believe there's a £100 IAP that still locks you out from playing when the console games are £25-50.

The chop shop is almost useless when the items cost so much. I sold everything I had and didn't even have enough to get a single blueprint and there's hundreds of them. The items you get are a few thousand each and these are 1 per race. An entire decent car's blueprints there can cost $1.5m or more. That means 500 races worth of wins or so to unlock each high-end car.

I won't be able to unlock the whole game for months at this rate.

Why not remove the fuel restriction when people pay for a certain amount of gold? You got paid so why do we still suffer from lockouts? I paid for the game and I can't play it, I'm hopping through menus seeing locked, locked, locked, not enough PR. Everywhere I go, I can't actually play the game I paid for. When I do get the fuel back, I have to grind through the same events a dozen times each to get the parts I need and then get locked out again and the event blocks for 7 hours.

Please just make the ratio between the number of races needed to unlock content and the blueprint/component costs more reasonable. I would suggest:

- remove fuel restriction entirely if people have paid £5 or more. The event lock isn't necessary to remove but it doesn't need to be 7 hours, just make it 1 hour.

- reduce cost of chop shop and flip items e.g flip = 5 gold not 30. Blueprints should be about 1/5th the cost so that cash from 6 races can pay for a blueprint instead of 30 races.

Even with those changes, there would still be loads of gameplay and removing the fuel restriction is a huge incentive to buy the gold. Right now, I feel like I wasted money on the gold because I'm still being locked out. Punish freeloaders with ads and lockouts all you want but reward the people who pay with being able to play the game.

Message 1 of 5 (2,444 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After playing for a while, the more frequent PR upgrades have been helping alleviate the lockouts as they refill the fuel and with more cars unlocked, there's more races available so there's less grinding through the same ones. I'd still rather have the fuel removed though because I don't get much time to play during the day and it annoys me every single time I hit the lockout. The ads can't be making more than about 5c each view so why not either include refills with the monthly option or separately e.g $2 for 40 refills, $5 for 100 refills.

Another issue that has cropped up is the currency values. I was one upgrade away from unlocking the Dodge Viper, which I've been saving up for since I got the game and what I spent my initial gold on. Every single blueprint upgrade has been 275 gold in the store. I finally saved up the last amount and went to buy the last set of blueprints to find out the currency had changed to $350,000 instead of 275 gold. I tapped on the number to be told that I can buy with gold but it would be 733 gold. Seems a bit suspicious that it would change just as I'm about to unlock the car and prevent me from doing that.

Hopefully it will change back to gold on one of the store refreshes but the currencies should be better matched e.g 1 gold = $500 and it would be good to be able to change between them before making a purchase.

Message 2 of 5 (2,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The main problem is using more than 1 fuel per race. Sometimes it uses 3 points. If it used just a single fuel point for every race, that wouldn't be so bad. I'd still rather it was removed when people pay money though, even if it was just a perk of the monthly gold option that runs out when the card expires.

Message 3 of 5 (2,360 Views)

@andrewr_origin wrote:

The main problem is using more than 1 fuel per race. Sometimes it uses 3 points. If it used just a single fuel point for every race, that wouldn't be so bad. I'd still rather it was removed when people pay money though, even if it was just a perk of the monthly gold option that runs out when the card expires.

@andrewr_origin Muscle Car Series, Sports Car Series, Supercar Car Series, Hyper Car Series, and Tuner Trials in the past used to consume 3 Fuels per race.

Now, all of the above only consumes 1 Fuel per race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (2,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel you bro, the fuel limitations seriously gets in the way of farming parts for upgrades, I don’t even know how many times my I was so focused on acquiring parts only to find out that I no longer have any fuel, but the thing that really got me annoyed is the VIP system, they should have just let players who payed real money keep their VIP statuses instead of the very much (in my opinion) Stupid monthly VIP subscription

Message 5 of 5 (763 Views)