Re: Frontline Fighters Packs poor drop rate

by Ziago_J

Original Post

Frontline Fighters Packs poor drop rate

★★ Apprentice

Frontline Fighters packs only giving consumable items for the last 2 million coins spent. Got 1 character piece from RUX in his last appearance and that was 1 million coins, so 3 million coins which took about 35 to 40 hours of play has produced only 1 FF piece.  I only need 2 character pieces and 4 item pieces and I'm about to quit even playing this game.  Total coins spent for FF packs totals about 8 million coins.  Any new players be aware that as you get closer to getting the last pieces the drop rate for character pieces goes to nearly never.

Message 1 of 7 (716 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Are you waiting for pieces to Commando Corn or the Scallywag Imp? Both of those are Legendary characters and the drop rate is extremely low as a result- I spent something around 3 or 4 million before I managed to get both pieces of Commando Corn.

You can ask any veteran player and we'll tell you that the drop rate for the Legendary characters is erratic and low and dependent entirely on pure luck.

Message 2 of 7 (688 Views)

Yeah, I'm not sure that the drop rate is really any different than for the other legendaries.  Since I was grinding for them when the FF update came out, I opted to buy the festive upgrade in order to skip grinding for these two.  Should you be interested, I'm told that one can still find codes for this upgrade available for sale in certain places such as gamestop's website.

Message 3 of 7 (676 Views)

★ Guide

Legendary stickers are a pain in the butt, I tell you what.

I really hope in the next game installment they let us transfer these characters over.

Message 4 of 7 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update to original post, I have one piece of both the Imp and Corn. I got the 2 Rose characters without much trouble but only one piece of Corn by the time I got down to the final 15 pieces or so.  I was getting at least 1 item each pack until around 20 then about every 3rd to 5th pack.  I got the Imp Rux piece for 1 million which left 7 more but, when I got to 7 left the drop rate has gone to nothing for the last 3 million spent on packs.  I have spent so much on the FF packs and earlier packs trying to get Computer Scientist (which I got from Rux and not a pack) that I still need 1800 Items and have collected 59 million coins.  ! hope any new PvZ games will not have such high priced packs to open.  Over 1100 hours spent on this game and I am getting a little tired of playing for nothing except to play. 

Message 5 of 7 (641 Views)

★ Guide

I bought only Amazing Brains Packs until it stopped giving me items to wear (It started only giving me zombies to summon)

After that I decided to just buy 15k Packs (That's where I'm at now) to fill out all of the base game wearables for plants. The legendary hats often remove ability to put on glasses or facial hairs so I'm not too worried about those, but I haven't sene hide nor hair of a legendary sticker for ages.

I like how they made the stickers so rare. I don't like how luck takes such a role in it all. Like if you unlock everything base-game, then those lgendary stickers should pop up.

Message 6 of 7 (636 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I took a similar tactic; purchasing the cheapest Sticker Packs which would contain customization items until all they gave me was Consumables and then moving onto the next most expensive Pack.

As you close in on having everything the Sticker Pack system will throttle way back on the customization items it gives you in each Pack; I have roughly 700 left and I get perhaps one custom item per Wondrous Pack of Greatness or in every two Packs and the same happened in the Zany Zombopolis Pack before I finished that one. It really does inflate the amount of time and PvZ coins that you have to invest in completing the collection.

Message 7 of 7 (619 Views)