Feedback Friday - Volume 8

by Straatford87

Original Post

Feedback Friday - Volume 8

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

We're excited for another edition of Feedback Friday!

Thanks again to everyone that has participated in previous editions by sharing your thoughts and suggestions regarding Origin - we really appreciate you reaching out to us so we can work on improving where you want us to.

New to Feedback Friday?

We want to know what's important to you in regards to Origin. We also want you to have a dedicated time and place where you know we'll be listening. So each Friday, we'll be opening this dedicated thread where you can share your thoughts and suggestions about Origin.

Anything on your mind regarding Origin? let us know! This topic will remain open until the start of next week.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 14 (875 Views)

SUGGESTION: Language selection

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I just want one thing really, that like all the other gaming plateforms (Steam, GoG, etc.) we are able to select our language of choice for the voices and the text in the games, especially since most games are actually in different languages. I don't understand why the language the Origin platform is in is forced on us. I can't play Dragon Age II with French dubbing because it really sucks, and the translation of the text is actually quite bad too, I've tried it so I know. And now I understand I had to change the language settings on Origin, uninstall the game and reinstall it. Just that simple thing takes forever to get when it shouldn't. Please don't give us a hardtime trying to tweak your games. Thank you.

Message 2 of 14 (802 Views)

Re: Feedback Friday - Volume 8

★★★ Newbie

I am constantly updating the app as is suggests. It's the same one every time so far this week. It takes multiple restarts to my entire computer to finally get the download to actually download, and then when it finally does, I can't even open the app. This is incredibly frustrating, and I just want to delete it, and never use it again at this point. 

Message 3 of 14 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

My first post to feedback friday.  Just 1 feedback specifically on Origin.  I used to buy my games from the store, hard copy of a cd rom.  Mass Effect Andromeda is the first time I bought a game via origin online as I wanted to play the early 10 hour trial.  When someone buys a game from Origin, there's no option when we made the purchase to select which drive to install the game.  It auto installed to the C drive.  Much later I found out that you could change the default drive by clicking on the origin/application settling tab.  It's just really inconvenient for new users of origin especially the newer pc have smaller c drives and huge d drives.  After 3 months of playing the game I had to uninstall the game(as I had less than 1 gb of space left on my c drive after installing a patch) and reinstalling it in d drive, which took hours and was a huge inconvenience.

So far most games would have the option of choosing which drive and which folder to install a game upon installation, as such I was very surprised that this happened.

Message 4 of 14 (867 Views)

please make MOLPOINT as payment service.

★★★ Newbie

using Molpoint service instead mycard service payment. i dont understand taiwanese to make payment in mycard. lol  not all chinese in malaysia, 

BTW as student i cant made credit card, 

Message 5 of 14 (793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I find the organisation of games in the storefront to be a bit scattered.  An example, I was recently looking for Titanfall 2, went to the store, and found it, looked at related material and saw some add ons, but didn't find the Titanfall2 and Battlefield 1 bundle that I knew existed from previous visits to the store.  I went elsewhere and found it.  Obviously this should be a related product on TF2's page, not a secret that you don't see unless you know to look for it.

I also find often the on sale area does not reflect games that are actually on sale, and you have to dive into the store to find items that are actually on sale.  

Short story long, the stores organisation needs some help, with the limited number of games on origin vs other huge store fronts, it should be a bit easier to keep things polished.

My two cents Standard smile

Message 6 of 14 (848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Tom,

I live in the country and I am limited to satellite internet (so monthly data limits with the exception of a nightly "free zone" from 2am-6am).  I am struggling to find the reason why Origin doesn't have the option to limit the time of day in which automatic updates and new game downloads occur (aka - schedule downloads).  I found a few previous threads on this topic, with the oldest dating back to 2012 - 5 years ago... I also came across some workarounds, but quite frankly, the Origin program is what controls all of the downloads and updates, so it should absolutely have this functionality built right in.  I'm sure the team has a lot of other issues to deal with, but seriously - this is a very quick fix.  Is an update for a game available > are automatic downloads enabled > is it within the user allowed time period >> if all are yes, then download, else, don't download.

Ideally, for me at least, there would be a global setting and then individual game settings.  The individual game settings can be set to follow global settings or to ignore them and do something else.  For example, I would set global to automatic downloads limited to 2am-6am, but I might want to set Battlefield 1 to update as soon as one is available.

I have seen a few threads on bandwidth limiting for downloads as well - I'd say that fits right in with this request too.  I personally wouldn't use that feature, but I fully understand why it should be available.

What's even more frustrating is that if an update is available and you don't want to download it yet, you are forced to go offline in order to play the game.  I get that in some cases that may be necessary, but for everything?  Seems ridiculous.

These are features that your competitor has had for as long as I can remember - I strongly urge you to push your team to get this rolled out soon.

Overall, EA/Origin puts out great products, so keep up the great work.  Thank you for your time!

Message 7 of 14 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for the great feedback so far.  Keep it coming!  We're reading it all.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 8 of 14 (839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play this game constantly, and it stopped running two days ago. Origin and The Sims 4 are up to date. The only change to my computer was an agreement to the new security updates on Windows 10.

Message 9 of 14 (820 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

There has been a known issue with the Origin launcher and 4k monitors since 2014. I have just purchased a new laptop that has 4k resolution and am - surprise - having the same issue that everyone else has had. The text is tiny on my computer so I can barely read anything. There is no excuse for this, especially as every major line has 4k (or 3k) in its flagship (Yoga 910, HP Spectre, Dell XPS, SurfaceBook, etc.).

Past threads with this issue from 2014

Fix Origin client to support 4K displays!

Origin 4k Scaling

Both of those are marked as "solved" with substandard workarounds that leave the interface blurry and the game unusable (cannot click on buttons because the image map is off). This needs to be a priority and I can't understand why it hasn't been.

Message 10 of 14 (822 Views)