Re: Feedback Friday - Volume 16

by SGMRock

Original Post

Feedback Friday - Volume 16

EA DICE Team

Hi all,

Welcome to another edition of Feedback Friday!

Thanks again to everyone that has participated in previous editions of Feedback Friday. We appreciate you reaching out to us so we can work on improving Origin where you want us to. 

New to Feedback Friday?

We want to know what's important to you while playing on Origin. We also want you to have a dedicated time and place where you know we'll be listening. So, each Friday, we'll be opening this dedicated thread where you can share your Origin specific thoughts and suggestions.

Anything on your mind? Let us know! This topic will remain open until the start of next week.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 6 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This seems to be the last Feedback Thread so I will comment on this one (Just direct me to the right place if my reply here is wrong)

Here are a few features I'm missing in the Origin client. (From most to least important)

1. Adding notes to Friends - Like in steam's or league-of-legend's client. Through playing games like Battlefield or Titanfall I meet a lot of new players which is great but all account names make I hard to remember who is who especially after taking a break from a game. I would love to see a setup like "USERNAME [my note]".
  2. Havin a List Layout for my Library - I got Origin Access so my Library is getting bigger than just a few NFS, BF and C&C titles. Having all games in a list instead of big tiles (even the small tiles are really big) would greatly increase usability for bigger game libraries.
  3. Finding friends through linked accounts - Link Origin with Facebook, Twitter, Discord, ... to find "new" friends. I'm pretty sure quite a few of my friends use origin but I'm too lazy to ask around this would help getting existing friends on my origin friend list
  4. Don't leave the origin client for account related or other stuff - It's always jarring to me if a client needs to open a browser window to complete a task. From the Origin overlay I know that you got some form of chromium browser in your client so maybe just open a browser window with your browser in Origins design without search bar to trick people into thinking it is still an Origin client window. Maybe add an advanced option in the setting for people who still want a browser window instead of an Origin wrapper.
Message 2 of 6 (515 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would really love to see EA combine the Xbox and PC EA Access so its one fee instead of two.  Right now I have it for both my PC and Xbox and I hate having to pay 2x for the same service as I normally play sports games only on my Xbox because you dont make them for the PC and everything thats made for the PC I prefer to play on the PC.  So I end up paying for it twice which seems unfare.  

Also would love to see EA have a similar service as Microsoft, where if you buy a EA game thats both PC and Xbox you can use the game on either device without buying it twice.  

Not sure if this was the right area for these suggestions, if not please feel free to move to another forum.

Message 3 of 6 (476 Views)

Hero

@SGMRock I think the main issue is that Microsoft takes a cut from game sales on Xbox and I suspect that it's the same for EA Access. I suspect that if they want to make the service cross-platform, the prices will go up to factor in Microsoft's fee. Perhaps instead they could charge an optional fee for cross-platform support to cover this cost.

Naturally Microsoft doesn't have that issue because they own Xbox and their own PC distribution platform.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (358 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks, @SGMRock, it's a suggestion we hear frequently (and often in a manner that's not quite so polite and well-written Wink )

I wouldn't want to speculate but I think Fred's made some astute observations.

If there ever is some universal version of Access we'll be sure to let folks know, and I'd love to see it personally. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 6 (349 Views)

EA DICE Team

All feedback has been collected and forwarded.

Thank you for sharing Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (282 Views)