[Feature Request] Promote Healthier Team Balance with Alerts and Perks!

by sonicgarbage

Original Post

[Feature Request] Promote Healthier Team Balance with Alerts and Perks!

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been sitting on this idea for a while. I've posted about it a few times but never in any detail. In my opinion team imbalance caused by disconnects and quitters is the single most frustrating thing about Garden Warfare 1 and 2. I finally decided to illustrate my idea with some Photoshopped screenshots and detailed graphics.

Please follow this link to Imgur.com where I've created an album that talks about my idea: http://imgur.com/a/wHBpW

Please let me know your thoughts!

EDIT: Just wanted to post this video as proof of the stuff we deal with frequently. ( http://gameclipscontent-d2024.xboxlive.com/0009e52e52e531b0-4c11b164-b67e-4d1c-ae4a-e60d3b5379a8/Gam... )

The clip is only 30 seconds but the team imbalance continued long after that. New players were finally added to the game when it was already unwinnable.

Message 1 of 19 (1,313 Views)

Re: [Feature Request] Promote Healthier Team Balance with Alerts and Perks!

★★★ Apprentice

This would be a amazing feature to have, I hate losing beacuse my team has only 5 players while the other team has 12

Message 2 of 19 (1,259 Views)

This is a AMAZING idea! Only problem i have with it is instead of xp or xp pins how about the rewards for swapping is like: 1,000-3,000 coins or 1-2 star(s) (obviously coins would be the more common reward for switching)
Message 3 of 19 (1,222 Views)

★★ Guide

I think this is a great and genuine idea. I wish they would implement something like this.

It provides incentive to not let games go 7 vs. 1 (which I played in last night).

Message 4 of 19 (1,210 Views)

★ Pro

This THIS so much this. Team imbalance is actually one of the biggest problem that plagued Both garden warfare and your idea solve those almost perfectly.

Message 5 of 19 (1,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
I just thought of something, people could somewhat abuse this if people keep leaving each team (yes i know its unlikely but it could be possible) Maybe make it so you could only get switching rewards limited amount of times per game so someone doesnt end up with like 10K extra coins from continuous switching.
Message 6 of 19 (1,192 Views)

★★★ Guide

Great idea, well presented. I would suggest also that apart from swapping teams under these circumstance/conditions, there should be no other form of team swapping during matches.

Message 7 of 19 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xGolden_Warfarex

I think it would be difficult to abuse. Once you join the team with less players you can't switch again until your old team has less players. You also couldn't have a friend switch teams when the teams are even to create an imbalance because we'd definitely prevent that.

I'm pretty confident it wouldn't be exploitable. But if you think it is id like to hear a specific scenario.
Message 8 of 19 (1,173 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Good job man,I think this is probably a valuable solution, even though I feel skillful enough to vanquish all opponents. I vote up for this!
Message 9 of 19 (1,121 Views)

Re : [Feature Request] Promote Healthier Team Balance with Alerts and Perks!

★★★ Apprentice

Great idea I agree with it. Nice thought! Would be fantastic indeed. Would help a lot.

Message 10 of 19 (1,101 Views)