Expanding Ultimate League and Beyond

by MyPouf

Original Post

Expanding Ultimate League and Beyond

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a proposal to submit for Season 2.

Many players (300? 500? 1,500?) already reached Ultimate League in Season 1, and besides the Weekly challenge and event cards, there isn't much incentive for them to go crazy on the multiplayer mode.

Here is a remedy to their pain...

I suggest we expand the Ultimate league with 10 levels, just like any inferior league, and create another two leagues above that: The Hero League and the Legend League.

As it currently stands, there is no difference in difficulty to level up from Rank 30 upwards. It is a faster process in Diamond League (30-39) than it is in Taco League (40-49), but all you need is a 51% success rate. Even in the Ultimate League you'll accumulate stars at this pace. I believe 51% isn't very competitive (especially with all these players bragging about their 90%+ win rates Party hat )

For the Ultimate League (50-59)

• Each level needs 30 stars 
  • single win rewards with 0 star;
  • A win streak rewards with 1 star;
  • A loss takes away 1 star;
  • Each time the player levels up, the reward is 100 Gems. (The win rate to level up is at least 55%)

For the Hero League (60-69)

• Ranking up to this league awards you with 600 Gems.
  • Each level needs 30 stars 
  • A win streak rewards with 1 star and a win streak must be completed with different heroes* (hence Hero League);
  • A 10-win streak rewards you with a level up;
  • A loss takes away 1 star;
  • Each time the player levels up, the reward is 150 Gems. (The win rate to level up is at least 55%)

* If you reuse the same hero during your win streak, it reset the streak and gives you 0 star.

Example 1:

• Rustbolt: Win (0 star)
  • Brain Freeze: Win (1 star)
  • Chompzilla: Win (1 star)
  • Immorticia: Win (1 star)
  • Rose: Loss (-1 star)

Example 2:

• Rustbolt: Win (0 star)
  • Brain Freeze: Win (1 star)
  • Chompzilla: Win (1 star)
  • Immorticia: Win (1 star)
  • Brain Freeze: Win (0 star)
  • Rose: Loss (-1 star)

Of course, there would be an indication of which Heroes you already used in your streak...

For the Legend League (70)

• Ranking up to this league awards you with 1000 Gems.
  • There is no more levels. Instead, there is a Public Multiplayer Ladder, with the Top 200 players
  • A win streak rewards with 1 star, from the 4th 3rd win onwards and a win streak must be completed with different heroes; (the win rate to climb the ladder is at least 60%)
  • A 10-win streak rewards you with 100 gems;
  • A loss takes away 0 star, but there is a cumulative loss streak malus of 1 star. (2nd consecutive loss: -1 star, 3rd consecutive loss: -2 stars, etc.)

Similar to the Hero League, you cannot reuse a Hero in your win streak.

Comments and Suggestions welcome. Wink

TL;DR: 3 Cool new leagues for Multiplayers Matches. Interested? Read above.

Message 1 of 39 (691 Views)

Re: Expanding Ultimate League and Beyond

★★★★ Apprentice
It is good idea but will EA give you much free gems?? I dont think so, its all about the money money money 🎤🎤🎤🎶🎶🎶
Message 2 of 39 (672 Views)

★★★★ Guide

i think it will just the same like before. when everyone reach the final league, they will get bored. Instead of adding more league, how about make WorldWide LeaderBoard for Ultimate League? These will keep the competitive atmosphere. Plus, the next update will give us shorter season time, so i think Leaderboard still a good choice when players already in Ultimate League

Message 3 of 39 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

not sure you really understand the math behind minimum win % ....

for the first league - in order to gain stars in the first 4 games you need to win 3 times for each loss. (75%)

just to maintain stars, it requires 2 wins per 1 loss (66%)

Message 4 of 39 (643 Views)

★ Guide

@jaydabbler wrote:

not sure you really understand the math behind minimum win % ....

for the first league - in order to gain stars in the first 4 games you need to win 3 times for each loss. (75%)

just to maintain stars, it requires 2 wins per 1 loss (66%)

You are right, I was wrong. I took a shortcut to do the math...

For the Ultimate League, the minimum win rate is 51,7%

For the Hero League, the minimum win rate is 55,6%

For the Legend League, the minimum win rate is 52% (100 match sample)

Thank you for questioning my math. Now I'll question your English, and invite you to revise the definitions of "minimum" and "average".

Once you are done doing so, perhaps you can comment on the idea, rather than picking on the details. Wink 

Message 5 of 39 (619 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

you can't average an unknown sample of 100 games by making up the wins/losses in order to prove your math.

The only % that can be obtained from your scenario is 'worst case', which is 3:1 win ratio. 

to reduce that number over 100 games (which is what you said) you would have to assume some form of win streaks. And that assumption makes the "average" invalid.

Message 6 of 39 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Correct.

"Worst case" scenario is 3:1 ratio.

How about "Best case" scenario? Wouldn't that be the minimum % required to level up? Wink

Message 7 of 39 (613 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

best case scenario is winning 100% of your games

Message 8 of 39 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

winning 51% currently is how to level up, worst case scenario. If you win more - great. Best case scenario is 100% of your games

your proposal has a new "worse case" scenario, which is 75%.

Message 9 of 39 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

and now that I type that out, I actually don't see any method to getting 55.6% win percentage, as a best or worst case scenario

Message 10 of 39 (603 Views)