Email to account got deleted, don’t remember verification credentials

by FountainPop66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Email to account got deleted, don’t remember verification credentials

★★★ Newbie

Alright so the email to my EA account got deleted and I wasn’t aware. Now, I can’t play any EA game online or use EA Play on XB1. Any attempts to reset the password or link a different account doesn’t work, cause I can’t open my email to retrieve a verification code or whatever. I’ve opened about 5 tickets in the last week, waited at least 2 hours in queues of 99+ people, and they can’t help because I don’t remember what DOB I used on the account. Long story short I’m locked out of my EA account and I can’t get any actual help. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,834 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Email to account got deleted, don’t remember verification credentials

Community Manager

Hey @FountainPop66 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (2,771 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @FountainPop66 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA_Darko - this is a flat out lie unless something changed in the recent past.  I have the same situation - cant access an email account I used to create my original EA account and my DOB on the account is wrong.  I was told by your phone support that if the DOB is wrong that there is nothing that EA support will do.

I can no longer play any EA games, or purchase EA games, unless i create an entire new XBL account and re-purchase all of my digital content again - which, based on the number of titles i own from non-EA games would be costly, not to mention all of my Microsoft account details would have to change. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,741 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maniacalrick if you cannot verify that you are the account owner then our team will be unable to grant you access to an account or make changes to it.

You will need to speak with our live support in relation to any account issues such as this. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can verify my account.  I've gone through the gamut of questions....verify recent purchases, get the IP off the game console, etc...What the OP stated is that they couldn't access the original email, and couldn't verify the DOB.  In my experience, if you cannot verify the DOB regardless of what else you can, then EA will not help you.

In your reply, you stated "in situations like this, call in for help..."  which is not true.  I was flat out told by EA help that if you cannot validate your DOB (or, the DOB recorded on the account) then they will not unlock the account.

So - to my original statement, what you told the OP was not factual unless something has changed in the recent past.  Has it?

I created my EA account MANY years ago, probably 15-18...so long ago in fact that I didn't even know what email I created my original EA account under.  From xbox to xbox my account kept carrying forward, and it wasn't until I tried to sign onto an EA game 6 months ago (or so) that I found my account locked.  I have called, and chatted online with help.  No one will tell me why my account locked, and no one will unlink my account so I can re-link to a new one. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,707 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maniacalrick we cannot assist with account issues on AHQ. All account related issues need to be addressed with our live support team. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,696 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thanks for the usual level of help. Looking forward to never being able to play EA games again. #greatcompany
Message 7 of 11 (2,683 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @maniacalrick we are not able to assist with any account-related issues on AHQ.

If our live support are unable to assist then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 11 (2,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi @maniacalrick ,

I have the exact same problem - I dont have access to original email but dont know whjat DOB was on or even which phone number or if there was a phone number on there - Did you ever get a resolution to this?

Message 9 of 11 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They don't help, My account was hacked and banned for trash talking, even sent proof to show an email saying someone logged in MOSCOW and they also deleted the email address, because the account is 13 years old I don't remember my Phone Number or Credit card last 4 digits. so all the money I've spent is gone because EA refuse to unban me because of hackers 

Message 10 of 11 (801 Views)