EA: You guys are really pushing your greed this update

by Cancerroyale

Original Post

EA: You guys are really pushing your greed this update

★★★★ Apprentice

I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies heroes ever since it came out a month after release. From that point to now, I've opened hundreds and even thousands of premium packs. Never have I received a SINGLE new hero. I'll rarely get one or two legendaries out of a 11 pack opening. Getting gems as a F2P is an extremely tedious process. Your daily missions are mostly around 30-60 gems in total with a mega quest every few weeks. Most of my income for gems, and every other F2P is from watching ads that USED to be worth 10 gems. After this update, they're worth 5. To be honest, watching ads doesn't seem like a good way to stay on a competitive level with other players who seem to always pull better heroes or are P2W. I find that the 5 gem per ad update is a very rude way to slap your player base.

I've played numerous EA games such as those from the Battlefield series. One thing I noticed, unlike other companies, EA seems to be out to make the $$$, and I truly understand you need funds to keep the games great. I've paid for 59.99 games with numerous bugs, glitches and problems that EA usually never fix. For example, BF4 and BF1 have an insane amount of bugs. They are slowly being fixed, but the pace is horrible. Some are never fixed. I'm very disappointed with the quality and snaky marketing attempt EA is trying to pull on us. I'm kind of re-considering whether or not to purchase Star Wars Battlefront II when it comes out. As for this game, I'll be inactive for a while because there's literally no point trying any more. 

Message 1 of 2 (567 Views)

Re: EA: You guys are really pushing your greed this update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Cancerroyale wrote:

I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies heroes ever since it came out a month after release. From that point to now, I've opened hundreds and even thousands of premium packs. Never have I received a SINGLE new hero.

REALLY doubt this part. Heros have the same chance as legendaries to appear, which I am going to talk about it in a little bit.

@Cancerroyale wrote:

I'll rarely get one or two legendaries out of a 11 pack opening.

Well, consider yourself lucky. I get a legendary card per 30 packs (aprox), which furthers my doubt about you not getting  a "SINGLE new hero". 

According to this numbers, I have received less legendaries than you, but even though I still got new heroes. (Not ALL of them, but almost).

@Cancerroyale wrote:

Getting gems as a F2P is an extremely tedious process. Your daily missions are mostly around 30-60 gems in total with a mega quest every few weeks. Most of my income for gems, and every other F2P is from watching ads that USED to be worth 10 gems. After this update, they're worth 5. To be honest, watching ads doesn't seem like a good way to stay on a competitive level with other players who seem to always pull better heroes or are P2W. I find that the 5 gem per ad update is a very rude way to slap your player base.

60 gems per day is a pretty decent amount, a pack every day and a half. I know that the change in the adds sucks, but still, it's not like you CAN'T earn gems anymore. You still earn gems when you get a new rank/league in ranked mode.

Also: "watching ads doesn't seem like a good way to stay on a competitive level with other players who seem to always pull better heroes or are P2W".

Says WHO?? 

I have not spent any money on this game and I've managed to get to Taco League.

You just need to learn about the game, and yeah, have a decent deck. But a "decent" deck doesn't mean you NEED to have 20 legendaries or something like that.

I have a control deck with Rustbolt that only has a Wannabe Hero and a Trickster, and I have been doing pretty good with it.

@Cancerroyale wrote:

I've paid for 59.99 games with numerous bugs, glitches and problems that EA usually never fix. 

ROFL

@Cancerroyale wrote:

As for this game, I'll be inactive for a while because there's literally no point trying any more. 

That's just a lame way of thinking. 

Message 2 of 2 (540 Views)