EA Account Banned for no reason!

by MrDyerG

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA Account Banned for no reason!

★★★ Newbie

So my account was recently banned for apparently selling coins to a third party even though this has never been the case, I have purchased FIFA points in game using my own money and the paypal linked to my PSN but i don't understand why I have been banned? this isn't a temporary thing either, its a permanent ban and i received no warnings either? why does this happen to people who play the game legit but never to lets say the youtubers who ADVERTISE the sale of coins and accounts which is against EA Policy? I have contacted several of EA's email address but I can't imagine it helping. @EA_Guy @EA_Roger

Message 1 of 35 (35,382 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re : EA Account Banned for no reason!

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @MrDyerG,

If your account was unfairly banned you can dispute the sanction by following the steps outlined in this article: 

How to address your banned or suspended account

Promoting coins is against our ToS and we do pursue coin promoters, if you feel as if we are missing out on some feel free to send us their information to the following email: fifaplayfair@ea.com

Thank you for your concerns,

Roger.

Roger.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 35 (41,884 Views)

All Replies

Hey @MrDyerG,

If your account was unfairly banned you can dispute the sanction by following the steps outlined in this article: 

How to address your banned or suspended account

Promoting coins is against our ToS and we do pursue coin promoters, if you feel as if we are missing out on some feel free to send us their information to the following email: fifaplayfair@ea.com

Thank you for your concerns,

Roger.

Roger.png
Message 2 of 35 (41,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for responding, i have contacted the Lets talk email as instructed by another member of EA but lets see where it goes

Message 3 of 35 (35,136 Views)

Re: EA Account Banned for no reason!

★★★ Newbie

same here disconnected from FUT and a message on console stating account is blocked. i can't get on to ea support from the support chat. I replied to the email i received  that was listed in the ban email [edit: email address removed]. i hope i haven't just mistakenly replied to that address with my account information. have also now sent information to  [edit: email address removed]. I can't log in to compannion app either. Please help. I do not buy or sell coins and have spent hundreds on fifa points. i would appreciate a response please.

Message 4 of 35 (35,106 Views)

Hey @Olvaro,

The only team that can address these cases are our dedicated team, if you have reached out them already all you can do now is wait. On the article provided above there is an estimation of our response time in these situations as well.

Thanks,

Roger.

Roger.png
Message 5 of 35 (35,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the only reason i could think of that this might of happened is due to people investing in marquee match up players for SBC. My understanding is that speculating on this and buying some possible players would not be against the rules? Perhaps an autobot algorythm that suspects SBC transfer trend activity as suspicious? I trust this will be addressed soon and amended because i only buy fifa points and disallowing access to someone unfairly could be cause for compensation. I planned my whole weekend around weekend league and have spent real money on fifa points to improve my team. Thanks 

Message 6 of 35 (35,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I got the same enail that my account has been blocked because selling coins. I havent done that coin selling or buyimg ever. I have used a lots of money to fifa points and bought soma marquee matchups player for high prices because the price of those (even bronze players) pop up in heaven when sbc comes. I think that automated algoritm ea uses to fend off coin sellers cant tell difference between sbc makers and coin sellers. Nice to have spent hundres in fifa points and then got blocked for playing the game as it was meant to been played.

Message 7 of 35 (35,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi EA, let's talk ...
It appears that you have banned a whole bunch of people for investing in SBC. Surely the aim of this new function is to be able to gamble (speculate and potentially accumulate). I imagine what happened is that your algorithms for detecting bots and price fixing has not accounted for the trends related to SBC investing. Yes I invested in some players and made a small amount of coin as a result (but this weekend I broke even for over investing in Germans). My ban has been lifted but I received no email with explanation or apology. I lost my tournament attempts and did not qualify for the weekend league. I spent money on fifa points to try and improve my squad for the tournament. This is not good enough EA. No explanation or compensation.
Message 8 of 35 (35,026 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My EA account has been banned also without reason.

The ban mail talks about coins selling but it is surely a mistake.

It happened friday evening. Just 3 hours before the beginning of the Week End League.

I did some SBC recently then it could be the reason of the EA mistake.

Now I have to wait 72 hours to receive an answer from the studio.

I'm quite angry now.

Message 9 of 35 (35,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My account has also been blocked. the reason was the sale of coins. I never bought or sold coins. I wait a week longer for an answer without effect.

Message 10 of 35 (34,980 Views)