Does it live?

by NoblesGuardian

Original Post

Does it live?

★★ Novice

Hey PvZ community. How is this game doing in terms of players online? im looking to get the game as i loved the first one but got into it late in its life cycle. I dont want to drop $50 on a game thats a year old if its dead.

Message 1 of 10 (817 Views)

Re: Does it live?

★★★★★ Guide

Based on what i hear the game is dying on PC but it's still alive on consoles. But since they confirmed they won't be adding any new content the player base will probably be dropping off soon. Not completely of course but you get what i mean.

It also depends on the region you play in.

Message 2 of 10 (800 Views)

Champion (Retired)
GW1 is still very active. Without getting into debate about which one is better, I would say you won't be waisting your money. You'd actually be coming in at a good time. Character drop rates have gotten better and all planned content is already out. You actually just missed a really great sale.
Message 3 of 10 (795 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Based on conversations just in this forum for the last 6 months or more it does appear that the PC community was the first to thin out dramatically but both PS4 and Xbox have maintained healthy communities and as far as the PS4, my platform, is concerned the game had a very large influx of new players over the Holidays as people received the game as a gift so it's likely to stay very lively for the foreseeable future.

Message 4 of 10 (753 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm on Xbox and there are plenty of players and it's good now that the newer players (from over the holiday's) are getting better, I usually switch between the East/West servers and they are full.  I play Tuff Turf, Mixed Mode and Vanquished Confirmed and they are well populated.  I've played on the Latin America server too and they are pretty fun down there as well but sometimes the lag is too much, especially with All-Star zombie and the sprint tackle...you get a weird lag...so I don't play it as much.

Message 5 of 10 (748 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Lots of good replies in here @NoblesGuardian

Which platform are you looking to play on?

- Andy -

Message 6 of 10 (742 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I'm on PC and I never have any issue getting games for Turf Takeover or most of the events, barring a weird bug where it won't connect to a game and starts a new one with just me and my friend, making it look dead until I can get it to connect to a full game after leaving and going back in from the backyard. The other modes are less played but mixed mode seems fine overall as well. I obviously don't have actual data on the numbers of people playing on PC but it seems at least fairly healthy in my experience.

Message 7 of 10 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Andy I'm mostly a pc gamer but i do have an xbox. Sounds like Xbox is still going strong so most likely that.

Thanks for all the help everyone. 

Message 8 of 10 (707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if you are on PC add me and my son, he plays daily i'm on 2-3 times a week

chrisjako7

chrisjako8

we need help with infinity mode to get the last party characters

Message 9 of 10 (655 Views)

★★ Novice

HAHA looks like i got lucky. There is a free trial up for it. guess ill check out pc.

Message 10 of 10 (639 Views)