Re: Does age update every year at date you installed the game?

by BPRDHB

Original Post

Does age update every year at date you installed the game?

★★★ Novice

I'm asking this because I set my age to 15 which unfortunately means that I can't backup my account, so I'm asking if I will get this ability at later time (presumably 1 year after installing the app)

Message 1 of 10 (702 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm a little confused at what you're asking? Are you asking about your PVZ Heros's account or your EA account?  In either case, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that either will back itself up based on age nor should there be any reason to. The way I understand it, any backups you do will be on your devices end and that would very by platform but non of those would be critical or even matter when it comes to this game. The only thing you need to worry about is loading the game at the current version which when you connect to the internet the app should handle itself. EA will always store your user data such as account name, rank tied to that name with the number of stars you've currently accumulated, cards you've collected and gems/sparks you have. All of the information that would be critical to this game will be stored by them so you don't have to worry about anything. That data is tied to your user name and I would believe is stored on their end which I'm sure has multiple levels of redundancy. That way when you log in no matter what your device, your progression won't be lost (and would also keeping you from artificially gaining additional  gems/levels/cards etc). Im pretty sure that's the way it works but others will chime in. Is that what your asking?

Message 2 of 10 (695 Views)

★★★ Novice

In PvZ Heroes when you have set your age (which is done when you first launch the game) to 16 or above you can log in to Facebook, Google, App Store and EA Connect (and I believe that you can also chat with friends then). This features are not available when you set your age to 15 or lower. Because of that you can't log into any service where you can back up your data. I'm asking if the age will go up after a year or will the features stay disabled.

Message 3 of 10 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

That's a good question. I'd be interested in finding that out too.

@EA_Andy

Message 4 of 10 (669 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Poiuy2010_2011

The game won't automatically update to allow you to log in after a year. It takes the data from when you first install the app and choose your age.

- Andy -

Message 5 of 10 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice

So if somebody is say 15 then he is forever f*cked because he can't back up his account?

Message 6 of 10 (616 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

that's really messed up!

Message 7 of 10 (608 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That does seem like a miss.

BPRD

Message 8 of 10 (590 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Poiuy2010_2011 @BPRDHB @jaydabbler - That's how it's currently working. 

I've passed feedback onto the team so they can review this and look into whether it's possible to change the way this system works. I can't promise if or when this might happen but the team is aware of the concerns.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 9 of 10 (579 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thanks @EA_Andy!

BPRD

Message 10 of 10 (568 Views)