Re: Discuss: PvZ Heroes: Developer Q&A - The Answers!

by Guacodile42

Original Post

Discuss: PvZ Heroes: Developer Q&A - The Answers!

Community Manager

PvZ.png

From a look through the different steps of designing the look of PvZ Heroes, to lane by lane mechanics being explained, we have your questions answered. Will Sneaky be nerfed? Find out below as the PvZ Heroes team take you through their answers to some of the key questions you recently asked in the thread "PvZ Heroes: Developer Q&A - The Answers!"

Discuss the answers from the team here.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 13 (2,962 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

First off; Thanks Popcap for taking the time to answer our questions. It's very much appreciated.

Unfortunately, the answer to Jay's question about lane mechanics and order-of-operations still doesn't explain why Jester and Punish-Shroom do their abilities after death.

Message 2 of 13 (2,957 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That is strange nobody asked the reason why developers continue to discriminate Samsung on Android 5.xx OS devices and bloc the installation of  PvZ Heroes in Google Play shop for them. Any specific reason , from technical support and links they provided about how smart the Google and developers are ,  I only got to know that was up to developers which devices to let for the game play and which to bloc. 

Message 3 of 13 (2,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please provide rewards for finishing the campaign.  Each boss but especially level 200.

And let us replay any level.  Random selection or choose a level.  

Message 4 of 13 (2,848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will you ever add tri class heroes? 

Message 5 of 13 (2,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you EA team for your answers. I hope the secret card you mention will be coming soon!

I am a little disappointed that there is no response for replayable missions. It has been brought up multiple times in the thread but unfortunately we did not receive an answer. Some of us do like to play single player missions but this game turns into a complete multiplayer once you clear out the 200 missions. Sometimes we cannot play with internet and single player missions can make people enjoy the game anytime they want. We can always replay missions in PVZ 2 and GW2 so I hope the team can make it happen in PVZ Heroes. It might take time to design levels but the effort will pay off eventually. 

Message 6 of 13 (2,788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

secret card is apple saucer....XD....

Message 7 of 13 (2,755 Views)

★ Apprentice

Me too where is replayable mission

star war battlefront is ever better for now

Anyway thank a lot for answer

Message 8 of 13 (2,708 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm just sad that many questions were asked, but few answers were given (20 total). What I'm most sad about is that some players got multiple questions answered while the rest of us... Yeah. GG. I'll go kick a can now...
Message 9 of 13 (2,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Holy moly!  I have 3 of my questions answered!  In response to each one,

1. (Are the following classes going to be buffed)

I see.  Instead of "editing" old cards, you make new ones, which is interesting.  But as @Darkever77 said, it's kind of a shame that underused cards just remain underused and overused cards remain overused.  I mean, if there is a card that everyone barely uses, what's even the point of having said card in the game (with the exception of beginner cards like Smashing Pumpkin or Skunk Punk)?  And I've noticed you guys said yourself that you want to avoid making cards that are useful in all situations-yet cards such as Teleport and Pineclone are essentially the opposite of this.  A change to those types of cards isn't mandatory, but would be much appreciated.

2. (Are plants ever going to get the ability to shut down entire deck types like zombies have)

Yeah, plants can react to things like bonus track buckethead, and that's understandable.  But nevertheless, it feels like plants currently don't have any of these "silver bullet" cards, other than BEP/Sportacus, but their abilities aren't as significant as making all plant tricks cost 2 more and disabling bonus attacks all together.

3. (Is sneaky ever going to get nerfed)

I have a hard time believing that sneaky wins generally just as much as any other class.  I personally feel like I run most plant classes and strategies evenly, yet I still manage to lose to sneaky most of the time no matter what deck/class/hero/strategy I roll with.  Well, I did make this Spudow deck that's pretty good at dealing with Sneaky, but it still feels like you need such a specific strategy in order to counter an entire class.

Or maybe I'm just bad at the game, considering whenever I play sneaky, I still manage to lose...a lot...

Message 10 of 13 (688 Views)