Re: Data transfer from SW Battlefront to SW Battlefront Ultimate Edition?

by goldlego123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Data transfer from SW Battlefront to SW Battlefront Ultimate Edition?

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I currently own and play "Star Wars Battlefront" (PS4). I was wondering: If I purchase "Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition" will all of my data and progress transfer from the the the basic game to the newly purchased Ultimate Edition through my EA account or the PSN or some other way? Note: I am NOT switching consoles or anything like that I am merely considering buying the Ultimate Edition (disc form, not digital) for the PS4 I've already been using with the regular version of Star Wars Battlefront. I want this to work because the Ultimate Edition includes the season pass (which I do not have) but is way cheaper than buying the $50 season pass directly through the PlayStation Store. Does anyone know the answer? Has anyone tried this?  What would happen? Please help...

Message 1 of 5 (1,216 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just decided to buy it, not knowing if I would have to start all over. As it turned out, it came with a download code, so I didn't have to start all over!!!! Party hat So I would assume that the Ultimate Edition discs are same as the regular edition the only difference being that the Ultimate Edition comes with a paper insert with a redeemable code that unlocks the season pass. Sweet!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,470 Views)

All Replies

I have the same question, but I use a PC as game platform. Posted it a couple of hours ago in great haste. Now I see you posted the question before me, so I deleted my post.

I searched for the saved games in all origin and SW BF3 folders on my hard drive. So far I've found all other origin saves exept SW BF. Very frustrating.

Message 2 of 5 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just decided to buy it, not knowing if I would have to start all over. As it turned out, it came with a download code, so I didn't have to start all over!!!! Party hat So I would assume that the Ultimate Edition discs are same as the regular edition the only difference being that the Ultimate Edition comes with a paper insert with a redeemable code that unlocks the season pass. Sweet!

Message 3 of 5 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So all of your progress did transfer? I'm thinking of doing the same thing also.

Message 4 of 5 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Technically, there was no data transfer. I was initially under the impression that the Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition disc contained all of the extra content and DLC and that it would have to be installed to my PS4 as a new game. I feared that that would either override my previous game data from the original Star Wars Battlefront game or simply cause me to start over in this new edition. That is why I thought I would need a data transfer. But, as it turned out, the Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition came with a paper insert that had a code for the season pass written on it, redeemable via the PlaySation Store. So I didn't need a data transfer. In fact, I haven't even used the new (Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition) disc at all - I'm still using the original game disc (i.e. not the Ultimate Edition). I simply entered the code through the PlayStation Store and the season pass began to download. It works with the original game and I still have all my progress saved. No data transfer needed. However, please note, I did not switch systems, I was using the same PS4 the whole time. I can not verify that this will work across varying platforms or different gaming consoles.

Hope this helps! Thumbs upStandard smile

Message 5 of 5 (1,100 Views)