Dark Flower

by dwooten77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dark Flower

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
I was playing around with the dark flower glitch in my backyard. I noticed when a weed gets close to them they start to shower purple embers. I've never noticed this before. Does anyone know if the embers enhance anything? Or are purely aesthetic?
Ok so there's more to it apparently. It was a flag weed that followed me around and made myself shower purple embers. Does the flag weed give me a boost of some sort. I couldn't really tell
Message 1 of 11 (702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dark Flower

★★★★★ Guide

The flag weed makes you run faster. Same with the flag zombie

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (759 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

The flag weed makes you run faster. Same with the flag zombie

Message 2 of 11 (760 Views)

What is the dark flower glitch?  You can message me privately if it's something that could be exploited for gain and shouldn't be spread around.  I've been seeing more dark flowers around since the accuracy buff a little while back.

I notice both weeds and zombies in the backyard with sparkles coming off of their legs.  I haven't studied it too closely, but I haven't noticed an obvious pattern to it.

Message 3 of 11 (692 Views)

Wow, I had no idea about the speed buff.  I'll be planting those guys a lot more in TT now.

Message 4 of 11 (691 Views)

Hero (Retired)

The Flag Zombie and Flag Weed both impart a small defensive buff when you are within a particular range of them- when within range you'll see a small glowing near the bottom of the affected characters. In addition the Flag bearing versions of both the Weed and Browncoat are programmed to follow Players around.

It occurs to me that you could conceivably spawn a little mob of them and have them follow you around and see how that affects game dynamics but I haven't tried that yet myself.

Message 5 of 11 (682 Views)

I like planting lots of medic weeds and heal zombies.  I've gotten the heal master boast a number of times when playing, for example, imp!  If I'm tanking it to the base as all star, I'll pop one out to follow me, but if your health is full, they just wander off in search of someone else to heal.

Message 6 of 11 (678 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@pandareno1999 message sent
Message 7 of 11 (668 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I can't believe I didn't know of this. Any other summoned that give a boost of some sort?
Message 8 of 11 (666 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@dwooten77,

The Flag versions are the only ones I know of but I can reveal that the dreaded Vase Weed, Porcelin Vase Weed, Coffin Zombie and Outhouse Zombie have some weaknesses which allow them to be vanquished quickly.

If you have a character which has a fairly accurate weapon if you aim at the opening for the eyes or at the exposed legs or feet, or arms for the Zombies, you can bypass the Armor protection completely and vanquish your target in a fraction of the time.

You can also get around Citrons Peel Shield by aiming under it at his exposed legs.

A shotgun style weapon won't work and neither will Roses Homing shots and you'll have a hard time doing it with most Splash weapons but anything which lets you aim precisely is good as long as you can aim well enough.
Message 9 of 11 (642 Views)

Champion (Retired)
I love all of those tactics. I don't know if you have compared the difference in hitting exposed areas vs shielded, but it's gotta be close to ten fold.
Message 10 of 11 (634 Views)