DLC Maps for offline modes? any updates if they will be playable offline?

by TheRealYanwar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLC Maps for offline modes? any updates if they will be playable offline?

★★ Novice

Will they add DLC maps to offline mode at all? I bought the game and season pass so I could join the fight in Scarif after watching Rogue One.

Really disappointed when I did not find them in Skirmish or in any of the training or survival modes. Please let me know if you are planning to add those DLC maps to offline.

Internet is really scarce in my area and I finally bought the game when you added the offline skirmish mode only to be upset again by not having the maps I bought to be playable. 

Really upset customer, going to disney next.

Message 1 of 16 (6,308 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLC Maps for offline modes? any updates if they will be playable offline?

EA Community Manager

Hey guys - 

this topic was discussed every so often, so here's some clarification around this topic.

As stated by some of you, Star Wars Battlefront mainly is an online game. It does have a few offline missions that you can play on your own and some you can play with a friend in co-op. The expansions / DLCs though are for the online modes only.

The website states the following: 16 multiplayer maps and 4 game modes.

As to the "online charges", that's by the first party, so you need XBox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to play online - there's no such thing on PC for Origin, so that's nothing we could change and is required for the vast majority of games with online modes.

Look out for Battlefront 2 though, there's a story mode incoming and probably more news about offline and online modes as we approach launch.

season pass.PNG

View in thread

Message 11 of 16 (6,042 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Fortunately I was informed before buying by an EA rep here that the DLC's add no SP content (except for the various heroes). Still, I'd love to see that change in the future—if I could play those maps offline, I'd definitely pick up the Season Pass.

Message 2 of 16 (6,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I really hope so, but I haven't heard anything. I wish they could add this for people that don't have access to good internet, like some of the people I've talked to.

Message 3 of 16 (6,225 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's really strange that they have only added offline support for some of the base game maps, but not any of the DLC maps. I personally don't like playing competitively online. I would buy the Season Pass if it supported offline play.

Message 4 of 16 (6,212 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Like me.

Message 5 of 16 (6,198 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Had the same bloody problem. How can they do this? it's the stupidest thing ever.

I bought the game to use it offline, i knew it was meant to be online game, but my common sense was that you could play it offline in a bunch of decent  missions.

I just wanted to fly x wing without getting too much trouble. 

Still waiting for an answer from EA.

Message 6 of 16 (6,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know how you feel.

Message 7 of 16 (6,125 Views)

★★★ Novice

Trying out the trial with the same disappointment that the Death Star dlc is not available for online skirmish - I was so close to buying it before discovering this.

So, in the end, I took the pains of reinstalling the 1999 X-Wing Alliance to work in Windows 10 - got it to run and my X-Wing dogfighting in space needs are restored by an 18-year old game.

Message 8 of 16 (5,855 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot describe in words how pissed off I am about this! I just feel like playing a goddamned "Demo" of the game! Managed to play "online" for free for 2 days, now it's asking me to pay monthly to join online, and to even touch those DLCs I separately PAYED for! Even majority of the "Diorama" asks to complete Online missions, or says "complete DLC missions": Hence ONLINE!

"You payed for DLC but you're not gonna pay for monthly Online? Yeah, well suck it up!!!".... As if I am sh****ng the money, don't I EA?!?!?!? I know they're not gonna answer, because they just simply Don't care, but I just cannot say in words how fumed I am about this! Discusting greedy attitude, nothing more!! Well done. I'm taking the game Back!

Message 9 of 16 (5,735 Views)

★ Novice

I agree.  I understand work needs to be done on BF 2, but please fix this so the game can be played offline... I really want to walk around the dlc maps...

Message 10 of 16 (5,685 Views)