Re: DLC Maps for offline modes? any updates if they will be playable offline?

by EA_Joker

Original Post

EA Community Manager

Hey guys - 

this topic was discussed every so often, so here's some clarification around this topic.

As stated by some of you, Star Wars Battlefront mainly is an online game. It does have a few offline missions that you can play on your own and some you can play with a friend in co-op. The expansions / DLCs though are for the online modes only.

The website states the following: 16 multiplayer maps and 4 game modes.

As to the "online charges", that's by the first party, so you need XBox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to play online - there's no such thing on PC for Origin, so that's nothing we could change and is required for the vast majority of games with online modes.

Look out for Battlefront 2 though, there's a story mode incoming and probably more news about offline and online modes as we approach launch.

season pass.PNG

Message 11 of 16 (5,961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

come on ea and disney this is for the star wars fans you should have known better everything online should be available offline if you buy it maybe everyone needs to sing out lawsuit as its wrong for online games if there is not enough online players same with the star wars game galaxies online game people buy the game but its shutdown now come on we pay money and you guys benefit whats next

Message 12 of 16 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you for the reply. Please tell us about the offline modes in battlefront 2!
Message 13 of 16 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I discovered cheaters in multiplayer ,so having more offline maps might make the game somewhat enjoyable.

Message 14 of 16 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree! What would make this game come back to life is to add the capability to play all the maps in offline mode AND to add all the different game modes for offline play. Cause at this moment, online game play is dead, which is sad because you can't enjoy the DLC, but to be able to play all the different maps for offline modes (after all the money that people paid for DLC) would be incredible! Come on EA, this would be great PR for you to go back and add all these features, which would draw some great attention for this game, encouraging people the urge to go back and play this masterpiece of art that you put so many years of hard work into. Don't let a golden opportunity such as this go to waste! 

"Do it!" - Palpatine 

Message 15 of 16 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'd like to echo what others have said above. After buying the Ultimate Edition of Battlefront for the first time recently, I was disappointed to find that 18 maps, multiple game modes, and additional heroes aren't available to me because I don't maintain a Game Pass/Xbox Live membership. I grew up playing Pandemic's Battlefront games with siblings and friends in person, enjoying hours of fun side-by-side on the couch. I know I speak for a wide contingent of EA's Battlefront community in saying that we would love to see the Season Pass DLC content made available for offline play! While it may not be practical to adapt every new game mode for offline play, surely the DLC maps could be added to existing offline game modes.

It's a shame to spend money on what should be the complete experience of a great game, only to find a significant portion locked behind an online membership, on servers where match activity has declined precipitously. Both to honor the developers' work and for the fans to enjoy, please consider adding this content to the offline experience!

Message 16 of 16 (307 Views)