Re: Copyright infringement?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Copyright infringement?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey, I have contacted EA UK and was asked to post this here as well. Hopefully forums actually understand better than your Email chat team 😐

I have been playing a completely EA unrelated game on my mobile decice. In this game, at the cost of watching a 30 second video, you can unlock perks.

During one of these advert videos a saw Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage. At the end of the video a completely different game was being shown. I did some checking and this game is using Battlefront gameplay footage as it's own games content.

I have looked into the game itself and its developer and there does not appear to be any EA, Origin, or Star Wars connection or affiliation.

The game that is using the footage is called Star Fleet - Galaxy Warship. The developer is Ye Tao.

I do have screenshots as evidence for the footage used the advert itself and of the developers website and app on the App Store if you should need or require it?

Thanks

Tom [Full name removed - Admin. Please do not post personal information on a public forum]

Message 1 of 2 (537 Views)

Re: Copyright infringement?

Community Manager

@Butla1989

Tom, thanks for reporting this, the relevant people have been notified.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (521 Views)