Re: Community Challenge count is B.S

by asukojo

Original Post

Community Challenge count is B.S

★★★★ Novice
The score is going up very slowly and it's so hard, I can't even get to the 2nd prize. Popcap has made this very unfair and they are very stupid at their job and it's like it's being run by a bunch of foolish children. Cause of the frustration you have brought to us, please just do us all a favor and give out the rewards for the GW2 community and next time, don't make the same mistake again!
Message 1 of 10 (974 Views)

★ Guide

None of us are really in a position to complain about free items simply for making vanquishes, which we'd be doing anyway.... howeverrrrrrrr..... I totally agree with you on the childishness part. <_> EASTER FRIGGIN' WEEKEND????? NO DEADLINE EXTENSION?!?! Most of my friends weren't even here to help contribute for the last 2 days of the event. I call BS just like you do man. But Popcap has done something right, c'mon give 'em some credit. The game is darn fun, ya? :D

Message 2 of 10 (898 Views)

Whats really B.S about the community event is the prizes. They take away the chest from the town hall and give us what...coins, a 35k pack, and a special item. But sometimes its not always. If you have all legendary hats then you get 100,000 coins. I'm glad they made this challenge impossible because I cannot stand to see people getting handed free legendaries while I earned mine.

Message 3 of 10 (876 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well yes the game is fun, but its the separate parts of the game like community challenges or unfair buffs or nerfs that would * me off the most.
Message 4 of 10 (872 Views)

★★★★ Novice
But we all earn the legendary hats by playing many multiplayer games and spending a lot of time just for a legendary hat instead of having it a little more easier, less time, and then we could move on to things that are important that we have to do.
Message 5 of 10 (870 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I knew from the start there was no way we would have enough to get the 3rd chest.  It was Easter weekend when a lot of family get together.  I don't even think there are enough people playing this game to get enough for the 3rd chest. It was 200 kills per person. I myself had gotten over 500. I more than filled my part. Oh well maybe next challenge.  lol people say earn it as if playing the game isn't earning it smh.  Not like you were getting to open the chests by doing nothing. 

Message 6 of 10 (802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I agree that it's a slap in the face to people who have earned it all already to see everyone else get a free chance at a Guarenteed piece of awesomeness. I do.

I agree with the people who are bustin' their buns working them four day a week twelve hour shifts who can't put in any time to grind it out. I see how it is fair to give one to them. I do.

But this was possibly the worst time to drop a challenge on the community. A time extension would have been nice. Or at least minimum/maximum changes.

I would've liked to see 10/20/30 million. We made 30 by the skin of our teeth. With the Holiday in account, 10/20/30 would've been so feasible just... meh.

Message 7 of 10 (791 Views)

[ Edited ]

It happens.  Some others have been ridiculously easy.  I think it's either just really hard for them to judge, or they make them up randomly without much effort.  I gave up on making sense of it.

One thing I do not like is the one size fits all reward requirements.  I strongly believe there should be three separate participation requirements, one for each chest.  It would be more fair, and would perhaps encourage more participation from the lazy.

Message 8 of 10 (774 Views)

★ Guide

A three-tier participation system would be pretty fancy. :o Dishing out a total of nine different types of prizes (sets of three based on participation!)

Like you're gonna get a Plant Turret Pack, a Zombie turret back and then a 35k customization pack for first tier.

econd tier would be Plant 35k pack Zombie 35k pack then a both side 35k pack.

A third tier would have to be up to debate because beyond that I'd have to suggest a Both side 35k pack, a 1st DLC pack, then a 2nd DLC pack.

Things like that, (fancy reward systems) are shiny to people like me. It might be inconsequential at the end, but the diversity of it all just somehow seems attractive.

Message 9 of 10 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The challenge must be hard enough but must be reachable as well. The previous two were too easy while the last one (multiplayer vanquish) is impossible. It needs to be in between.

I like your idea. They need to keep participating to get next level chest. So to unlock:

1. Yellow : Vanquish 200

2. Blue    : Vanquish 400

3. Red     : Vanquish 600

This will enforce people to keep playing to get the chest they want, instead of just sit and relax after meeting the minimum requirement for yellow chest.

On the last one, I vanquish 1250 zombies.

Message 10 of 10 (751 Views)