Clique peas are so OP?

by jasterrogue1

Original Post

Re: Clique peas are so OP?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Lol I'm not the one complaining. Maybe you should get your reading comprehension up before you try to troll.... I'm pointing out that you have options, that both side have tactics that are considered op, but aren't. They're just good when the stars align. Just because you don't know how to beat it or are using a deck that can't beat it doesn't make it OP.

I'm good on your help. Pretty sure there's not a lot you could teach me. But it's a cute offer.
Message 11 of 81 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@UniVoidz you are absolutely right about using their redudancy to your favor. I did the same vs mushroom grotto and pineclone last season and worked really well.

What are your tips? Fast burst dmg (as what pet decks seem to do)?
Message 12 of 81 (634 Views)

★★ Guide

Chumping is usually quite good as an option. Clique peas have no doublestrike, strikethrough or any other type of evasion to directly dmg you and clique pea decks are not exactly removal heavy most of the time. leperchauns and other card-drawing zombies will trade well with them until you can do your thing.  Clique pea decks have a somewhat hard time to keep up their card draw when they are constantly trying to cycle into more clique peas. Sports decks are quite good against them as well....coaches and Team mascots are hard for them to trade with. 

Also... Just an educated guess but I suppose people complaining about clique peas are the ones that like to play regift and wormhole gatekeeper and then are mad that letting your opponent draw cards can have a downside. to bad.

Message 13 of 81 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
Yeah wormhole gatekeeper is a nice card...until buddy drops a bananasaurus or three

I don't like the clique peas but by the same token I'm not too sure they like facing imp decks either. Not just with the leprechauns like buddy already mentioned, but toxic waste making everything deadly or cosmic imps...are all cheap to play also imposters I love cuz you get at least two from the one card and again with toxic imp can clear most boards
Message 14 of 81 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
I think we all know there are powerful cards on all sides, that's not the point. What I've been trying to say is that Clique Pea lacks a reasonable counter for it's ability compared to any other card of equal value.

For those who play as a Plant Hero, consider how you counter arm wrestle zombie (gets 1/1 whenever a plant is played in his lane). You destroy him indirectly, or use a few lower power plants early, or wait til you have a higher power plant for 1 vs 1. He can be a pain to deal with early game.

Now, imagine every other Arm Wrestler played after him had an increased str/health, making him harder and harder to deal with.

Theres not a comparable, versatile zombie or trick to counter Clique Peas and their effect..at least from my last check. The game added more cards, so maybe there is now.

Main point: While there are strong zombie cards, there are counters to them or they have a high cost/requirements to play. Clique peas do not. Just a 1/1 card which duplicates and gets stronger and stronger.
Message 15 of 81 (590 Views)

★★★ Guide

The nearest Zombie equivalent I can see would be, maybe, Intergalactic Warlord?  He has the downsides of cost and not making more copies of himself, but then again, he affects every single Zombie in your deck; not just other copies of himself.

Message 16 of 81 (576 Views)

★★ Pro
No because he is limited for one thing and costs 5 for another...

I agree with you that clique peas are op and i can say that very few people who play green don't have the clique peas in their decks.

Thing is though if they nerf it to my suggestion that it becomes a casting cost of 2, that would still be a greasy card but it would be slower by enough that the guys who are using only because the can take advantage of a broken card(at least as things stand) would probably not use them as much
Message 17 of 81 (563 Views)

★★ Guide

Navy Bean + Clique Peas are a tremendous nightmare. Have you noticed that since the release of Clique Peas has increased considerably the number of decks based on Navy Bean?

They are practically unstoppable.

Message 18 of 81 (560 Views)

Champion (Retired)
So with all the cheap deadly decks you canbuild, you still can't find a way to beat them, huh? Or do you just not want to play that deck? You want your deck to be able to beat every deck...
Message 19 of 81 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It's not that we can not beat them, it's that they are much harder to beat than anything else of related value/cost. I'd highly suggest referring back to my comparison between Clique Peas and Arm Wrestler zombie.
Message 20 of 81 (510 Views)