Re: Cheap Deck - Wall Knight

by Azombioso

Original Post

Cheap Deck - Wall Knight

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

From what I've seen, most of the people around here are either on a low league, or have trouble creating decks.

So, I've challenged myself to create a deck able to defeat Ultimate League players, but making it as cheap as possible.

So here I am, presenting my most recent discovery.

Screenshot_2017-07-18-23-06-45.png

So... how does this even work?

The idea is that, because this deck lacks great cards, we should get them from somewhere.Photosynthesizer and Starch-Lord are the ones that will take care of that.

Everything else are just cheap cards that I decided to put in there.

Now, I will briefly explain why I used this cards in my deck instead of others.

1.- Cosmoss is a great early game card. It can be buffed pretty insanely.

2.- Photosynthesizer makes the plants tougher, allowing them to survive damage. It also serves as a card creator card.

3.- Water Chestnut to block damage from zombies. It is also the only method this deck has to block amphibious damage.

4.- Pepper M.D. because is another cheap card that can get pretty big pretty easily.

5.- Spikeweed Sector is an AWESOME environment. Helps clear pesty zombies.

6.- Steel Magnolia. Like Photosynthesizer, but in AoE. (No card generation, sadly)

7.- Every good control deck should have some healing. Venus Flytrap for the win.

8.- Just your friendly 3-attack annoying plant Metal Petal Sunflower.

9.- Venus Flytraplanet 'cause... HEEEEEAAAALIIIIIINNGGGGGG.

10.- Just protect Starch-Lord, and it will win the game for you. (Not literally, though)

11.- Metal Petal Sunflower digivolves tooo... POWER FLOWEEER!!

This deck hasn't much to think about. You mostly just... play stuff.

Being careful, obviously.

Like for example, you may want to play your Cosmoss on turn 2 (to buff it with a Photosynthesizer) when facing zombies that can kill it with cheap tricks like Bungee Plumber, Electrobolt or the Bat from Immorticia.

Because the cards in this deck are pretty common and don't have any fancy effects, most games are pretty damn close.

BUT, that doesn't mean you can't win if you play skillfully (and sometimes with a little bit of luck).

Here are some screenshots.

Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-29-26.png

Screenshot_2017-07-17-18-54-19.png

(Have you ever seen an unpopped Potato Mine attacking? Looks pretty funny :P )

So, here's the deck.

One interesting point is that I managed to defeat 4 of 8 Ultimate League players I faced, so this deck definitely has a lot of potential.

(Considering the small fact that this deck doesn't have any Super-rare or Legendary cards)

TIPS AND TRICKS:

1.- Cosmoss on turn 1 + Spikeweed on turn 2 is almost a game winning tactic against aggro decks. You will have a 3/3 plant plus almost a guaranteed clear on any zombie played on either turn 1 or 2. (PLUS if they play an environment on their own, will only buff your Cosmoss!)

2.- Photosynthesizer is SUUUUUUUPER good to trade early game. You can use it later to keep your key plants healthy. (Specially Venus Flytrap and Starch-Lord).

3.- You can get pretty OK cards from Photosynthesizer. Something like... you know... Shooting Starfruit, for example.

Screenshot_2017-07-17-18-55-01.png

4.- Water Chestnut is a root plant, which means it will get +1/+1 if you play it after you play a Starch-Lord.

5.- Pepper M.D. is your biggest threat in your deck, since it can get buffed insanely big pretty easily. It can even buff itself if you play it on a Venus Flytraplanet.

6.- I strongly suggest that you play your Starch-Lords on top of the Spikeweeds. This deck has no card draw, so you depend a LOT of the conjured cards.

7.- Because they are a flower, you will get healed extra from Power Flower if either Steel Magnolia or Metal Petal Sunflower are on the field.

8.- Flytrap on top on the Flytrap to get DOUBLE the healing power.

9.- Metal Petal Sunflower can be easily replaced with Heartichoke. I didn't added it because I wanted to really put this deck to the test.

10.- Venus Flytraplanet 'cause... HEEEEEAAAALIIIIIINNGGGGGG.

11.- You can get pretty OK cards from Starch-Lord. Something like... you know...Soul Patch , for example.

Screenshot_2017-07-16-19-38-24.png

12.- Another interesting root you can conjure with Starch-Lord is Supow's superpower, Hothead. (Or simply just another Starch-Lord)

And that is pretty much it.

If you have any comments, I will be glad to hear them.
You may also add me in the game, just search me as Ryuuga.

I will also leave some links that I think you may find interesting.

-A Rustbolt Heavy control deck: http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-Ultimate-Control-Deck/m-p/6142302#M5707

-Tips and Tricks I used to get to the Ultimate League: http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Tips-and-tricks-from-Ultimate-League-Players/m-p/6160646...

Message 1 of 9 (4,974 Views)

Re: Cheap Ultimate Deck - Wall Knight

Champion (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @Azombioso.  Your guides are great introductory for beginners and casual players who can use some tips and tricks.  Standard smile

BPRD

Message 2 of 9 (4,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This deck is actually bad. Aggro and Control decks can beat this. 

I don't think this deck is good enough for rank players.

I'm not sure if you're deck is real even with proofs. There's too many players with decks that can beat this you know. You know how players made decks can beat this. This is the worse case against facing new players because this is not easy win.

have you ever play this deck on 20 matches to prove this? We wanna know what win rate really is on this deck?

You can't just show this as you're best deck. You should test its win rate before you prove it.

Message 3 of 9 (4,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I....I dont think aggro does a lot against this. I personnally think 4 environments each is a /bit/ overkill and I really dislike water Chestnut but its a VERY cheap deck thats probably good. I would suggest to cut the Chestnuts and one Flytrap environment to play some Removal.... Shamrockets and Doomshrooms if available, maybe a lawnmower or hammer

also: dude....we got people here that claim they have spend 1000 bucks on the game and win every game with plants with a winrate around 20% with zombies... I am not sure if Winrates have an aweful lot of value in terms of representation

Message 4 of 9 (4,906 Views)

★ Guide

This deck is really bad as i have tried this now in 20 matches in ranked. This deck is 10% win rate.
This deck can be easily beaten by Silver League and Gold League with common deck. How is this deck even good in Ranked?
This deck isn't really good and ultimate fail for higher leagues.

Message 5 of 9 (4,894 Views)

★★ Guide

For someone who begs for others to make their deck work you are pretty quick to judge what works for others :/ 

Message 6 of 9 (4,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@OldSchool9210 wrote:

This deck is really bad as i have tried this now in 20 matches in ranked. This deck is 10% win rate.
This deck can be easily beaten by Silver League and Gold League with common deck. How is this deck even good in Ranked?

Wow!

You were able to play 20 ranked matches with this deck in 85 minutes!!!

That is seriously impressive!

Message 7 of 9 (4,872 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GrinningRuiner wrote:

@OldSchool9210 wrote:

Wow!

You were able to play 20 ranked matches with this deck in 85 minutes!!!

That is seriously impressive!

It's easy when you just rage quit by round 3.

BPRD

Message 8 of 9 (4,863 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This deck, as the name would suggest, is a deck I created mostly for new people who doesn't have many cards yet.

That's why I forced myself to not include any Super-Rare or Legendary, but this doesn't mean you HAVE to play this deck exactly as it is.

Let's say that this would be the SUPER cheap version of the "Heartichoke-Flytrap" deck, but without all the fancy cards like Jugger-Nut, 2nd best Taco, Astro Vera, etc.

Now, I know that the deck has some difficulties against other fancier decks, but that doesn't mean that this deck is bad overall.

I don't know it's exact winrate since I didn't kept track of all the matches, but I can assure you it is over 50%. 

And yes, I think it CAN be played competitively (with a little bit of luck, I won't deny that). 

I defeated 4 out of 8 Ultimate League players I faced.

If that is not good enough for you, I don't know what will.

Message 9 of 9 (4,861 Views)