Characters balancing features

by FelipeGames2000

Original Post

Re: Characters balancing features

★ Apprentice

Could just add toxic aura to druid rose and faster projectile speed if in melee range. 
Plenty of balanced characters got buffed : arctic trooper, archaeologist, pops corn, mechanic, plasma pea, physicist, astronaut, mob cob. 

Yet none of these  game breaking buffs. The pirate has a more versatile role than the cactus which is more of a defensive character, yet cactus already has 2 midrange and close range variants as petrified and bandit. Pirates are not "sniper only" characters.
Some cacti could use another buff. Will that break the game? Popcap already historically nerfed at least half the cacti.
just remember even developer bias comes into play. Otherwise Cactus and Camo Cactus would not have their nerfs reverted, despite whatever data they were looking at.

Knowing most players in the game, they go for the most easily usable characters:  BBQ corns, frozen citrons, Scientists,  Spinning Superheros are all what many players do to get scores.

Message 91 of 144 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ hit and score

The link to a "World Record" vanquish streak for Rose is somewhat invalid because there's no way to accurately track the highest vanquish streak per character compared with anyone else... I broke the "World Record" for the multiplayer Kill Count/Vanquishes at the launch of the game, and it is irrefutably confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDBLeCo8f9PI79SYk_lIYqw

It's on my channel somewhere with some of the guides and other world records that I submitted to Guinness...

So my point is that claiming you or someone else has (or has had) a "World Record" is pointless without proof...  I (for example) had something like a 94 or 96 and 0 multiplayer vanquish streak, but had that surpassed by one of the people I play with... Believe it or not, I think he also went 106 and 0, but with the Cactus. There is also inconsistent tracking of the "Streaks", because it may count them going from game to game, which means that any "world records" are hard to prove. For example: I know for a fact that I went (between) 94 and 96 and 0 (in one single game) because I have every possible photograph available after that game, from several perspectives, but in the enhanced personal tracking data, it says that I have higher streaks with people like Electro Brainz, etcetera. My highest kill count (in one game), on any game ever, was 146 and 7, and I have this completely documented. I could have simply DECLARED myself as the world record holder for highest kill count per game, which it very likely was at the time, but there just isn't any way to conclusively determine that at the time (which was during the first week after launch).

Until this day, I have yet to see another person get more than 146 kills in one game, but I would imagine that someone might have out scored it...

I also saw immediate flaws in that persons Rose play within seconds of watching the video... Either way, at this time, Rose likely doesn't need any buffs, and yes she is a very solid character, but I also don't think she needs any nerfs. To back up the other persons point, just because someone is SPECTACULAR with a certain character does not mean that the character is over powered. I use her extremely well and I try to explain to other people: "Look, this is all you do to play really well with her. She's really easy, trust me", and then when they can't duplicate what you're doing, you realize that you're just really great with her and that you're making it look like a cake walk.

There's alot of stuff that goes into using her at a VERY, very successful way, but that doesn't mean she needs nerfed. I'd personally put her at the top of the tier list, but I also put the (standard) variant Cactus at the top of the tier list, and she also doesn't need nerfed. The deal is that one tiny nerf against certain characters can change them from being good several tiers down into mediocre or worse.

Message 92 of 144 (476 Views)

★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

Said: "I doubt there are more than 10 players in the world that know how to abuse Captain Cannon to his full potential. Him and Sharkbite are the only characters that can truly give Rose any trouble and that's mostly because they can headglitch, while staying out of her homing range."

What is the "head glitch"?

Message 93 of 144 (468 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLE The "World Record" is based on what I've found on YouTube so far and it's for KILLSTREAKS only. If you have something better to show, feel free to do it. If you have a world record at 147 vanquishes, then I don't see why you haven't uploaded it so far.

"I also saw immediate flaws in that persons Rose play within seconds of watching the video..." Sorry, what?

"To back up the other persons point, just because someone is SPECTACULAR with a certain character does not mean that the character is over powered." Anyone who understands her basic theory and has her upgrades can easily destroy the zombie team. All of my friends are doing great with her and they don't even play her often. Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDJ8Fp6Y6rI 

I'm not saying she needs to be nerfed. Any nerf would hurt her too much at this point. They need to either change her weapon almost completely, or let her be.

Message 94 of 144 (462 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLE Head glitching is basically when a character is able to attack while protecting their body behind cover. Characters whose weapon is placed to the side are able to do this. These characters are: Pirates, Superheroes and Citrons. It's extremely cheap and should have been fixed ages ago. Captain Cannon can't do it as easily, there are safeguard measures, but there are ways to bypass them.

Message 95 of 144 (455 Views)

★ Apprentice

Cannon's Shots gets blocked by even the slightest slope. He is mainly the only captain that has a hard time, if at all head glitching. That is why most pirates i have seen when im attacking them are the typical long range types  such as sharkbite and flameface. good luck for any player trying to time his shots at extremely long distances. This is why i put the health upgrade on him as his really exposed and is more on the move than all the pirates.

Message 96 of 144 (451 Views)

★ Apprentice

lmfao i also forgot to mention if someone like your team mate is behind you, they can block your shot lmfao

Message 97 of 144 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Hit_and_Score

I guess it's possible that I misinterpreted what you just said, but what you described as "head glitching" sounds to be very fundamental third person shooter mechanics. That is not a glitch. If you look at the exact positioning of your character (on your screen) on something like Gears of War, or many other third person shooters, there is simply more space on the right hand side of your character/TV than there is on the rest. When you aim down sights (for many of these games) it's more advantageous to ambush people from a cover point allowing you to see them, whereas they cannot see or hit you. This has absolutely nothing to do with glitching, and is simply taking advantage of very basic third person shooters mechanics.

There's certainly a more advanced aspect to these mechanics, which alot of people probably wouldn't understand without video... A good example is how you can angle switch on a game like Star Wars Battlefront by tapping down on the directional pad, but you can also manipulate the angle on Gears of War (using unnatural methods).

In Gears of War 2, there is an actual real glitch where people can hide behind a wall (and fire through it, but remain protected) with the angle switch, but in PVZGW2, I haven't seen this ever happen, and so far as I know there is also not way to angle switch.

Message 98 of 144 (445 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@IIINCORRUPTIBLE It's referred to as a glitch because it's not supposed to happen. Other characters have safeguard measures that prevent them from doing it, like Scuba Soldier, whose shots come out of the center of his body, even though his gun is placed slightly to the side. If it's an intentional mechanic, or a "feature", then it's a *ty one and needs to be removed. 

Message 99 of 144 (427 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@rapcorist You put the health upgrade on him and then you complain about him not having enough ammo. AND you ask for shotgun buffs on a character that is extremely hard to approach and has a reliable escape. What are you going to ask for next, a health buff? The scariest part is that PopCap, given their history, might actually take you seriously...

Message 100 of 144 (425 Views)