Character Balancing v2, targeted to Citron users.

by Lamderman

Original Post

Re: Character Balancing v2, targeted to Citron users.

[ Edited ]

My point is that this is an internet discussion group, not a working development group at Popcap.  If people want to write their opinions about characters, they don't deserve to be treated like idiots because they aren't as experienced.  A post with a balancing opinon from @Lamderman is not going to ruin GW2.  Likewise, a post from @ShavedThronel0 is not going to fix the game.   Get over yourselves - it's a freaking internet forum.  Nothing that gets written in this thread is going to change the game.  Be polite if you disagree with someone and find them naive, instead of attacking them for crying out loud.  

I'm not sure you guys can see how crazily overboard these rabid responses look from an outside perspective.  It truly discourages people from participating at all, and then we have no posts, no posts no forum.  Sorry for going on so long, but I'm just so tired of people getting kicked around the forum because "elite" level players are offended that they have an opinion.

Message 11 of 14 (171 Views)

★ Guide

@ShavedThronel0 wrote:

@pandareno1999 wrote:

@Lamderman wrote:

Jesus, man, I was just writing a post. I've been playing for 378 hours and my rank is 823. I was rethinking the BBQ, Kernel Corn, Flameface, and Default Deadbeard nerfs. The only ones I'm not rethinking are Citrons.

I guess you don't get to have on opinion on a message board until you've reached 5400.  Forums are srs bsns.

People who reached 5400+ know what characters are broken because when they play as the worst characters, they learn others also exist, and also the struggles of fighting strong variants and finding out that it is completely unfair. Like try playing as metal chomper or wrestling star. When I played as plants I always struggled with imps, when I Played as zombies I always struggled against corns. 

That is strange. Imps are super easy to kill with the right counter and the same are corns.

Also I feel that the poster really lacks some game experience; he talked about the vanilla rose and not about the druid rose which is the strongest rose around by far; same for captain sharkbite, the strongest pirate variant.

Message 12 of 14 (149 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Everybody has the right to there opinion. However.... when I was at that rank I feel like I was still getting use to the game and maps. That being said, I do agree that you should put more time in. If you just got the game at Christmas, then yeah, there's a lot of citrons in each game. You just have to find your character class or variant for beating them. I have no problem with teams full of citrons currently. It will settle down when people get through mastering them. Now if you see someone who has mastered them and has a low rank, then you just need to gun them down until they leaveStandard smile. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you from making post, I just think you need to give it a little more time. Unfortunately the pans guy is right. This forum doesn't seem to get changes made on this game. Somehow reddit does with some of the worst suggestions. Best of luck leveling up. I think you will have changed your mine in a few months. For now they should just leave the characters alone and work on new TT maps. I like zombopolis and would like to see more levels with that feel. Where you have to engage a bit more than sitting back.
Message 13 of 14 (139 Views)

★ Guide

@AlexP1980 you mean captn canon, sharkbite is balanced

@dwooten77 yes it is time for a new DLC, new zombie attacking map, 8 new variants like in the good old times (only GW1 characters need new variants) and a low coin pack, 20k max, thats all I want for months! We got 8 characters in 1 year and 2 of them were not been released in the offical release (toxic citron and BBB).

Message 14 of 14 (133 Views)