Change Astro Vera

by Purplini

Original Post

Change Astro Vera

★★★ Newbie

Please change how astro vera works. A nerf would be okay, but I think an entirely new style for astro vera is needed. Unlike other powerful plants, such as cornucopia, briar rose and repeat moss, of which there are ways to counter them, to my knowledge there is no way to counter astro vera's instant 50% health boost. As a zombie player, as soon as astro vera is played I feel so helpless that I just give up, and it's getting to the point where I consider conceding against any solar player out of fear of astro vera. If there is a counter to it, please tell me, if not I really think it needs changing.

Message 1 of 5 (753 Views)

Re: Change Astro Vera

★★★★ Apprentice

How about this
Astrovera
Heal for 2 each flower and increase the maximum health.

OR

Heal 10 of your health and increase your health maximum by 5

Message 2 of 5 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The two for each flower one sounds so much better

Message 3 of 5 (734 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If that would be the case, they would have to change the whole card stats and cost, which I highly doubt. (Starting from the fact that Astro Vera isn't a flower, so you wouldn't heal anything if you played it on an empty board).

Plus, the new Poppin' Poppies already does something similar, healing you for a potential of 6 with just 6 suns without the necessity of having flowers on the board.

Message 4 of 5 (715 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't think this is necessary. The plant itself is easy to counter, but the boosts are pretty significant. The only frustration I can say that you might experience is when a player has a heartichoke on the board and then plays an Astro Vera to kill you, but that actually is really hard to set up. You have to make sure your heartichoke stays alive till turn 8, draw the astro vera and heartichoke, or have both the cards in your hand at turn 12 and the zombie hero at 10 health with no block meter. 

I recommend putting more heavy cards in your zombie decks (lots of frenzy gargs and tricks) to simply either outperform the plant hero's health boost or beat them down on the higher brain turns. 

Message 5 of 5 (706 Views)