Cards under the Radar.

by wonoz

Original Post

Re: Cards under the Radar.

★★★★ Apprentice

For 9 you could play Wallnut bowling that does 18 of damage and put in game 3 nuts of six of life. But with 11 you can only put garagatuar's feast that put in game 3 zombisteisn. It is useless, you win or die before turn 11 and more if you are a zombie. Plants decks are so powerful. As I say I always win as a plant on level 50.

Message 21 of 28 (419 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If Plant Heroes are better for you, then so be it.  I prefer Zombies for their play style.  Great thing is that no one is forcing you to play a particular side or play style.  Variety for everyone.

BPRD

Message 22 of 28 (401 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had never encountered Escape through Time until just now, when someone played it on Planetary Gladiator multiple turns in a row.  -__-

They should really make it so that a card can't take damage for something else if that card can't take damage at all!

Message 23 of 28 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

hmmm the effect is not the problem for me. drawing a card is what´s so strong about it.

if you compare the (non-superpowers) drawing-tricks the 1-ressource cantrips are pretty much the best you can get. for the basic 3-brains/suns "draw two tricks" its kind of a bad thing that there are cards that do half the effect plus an other strong effect on top for half the price. In that regard its almost compareable with teleport although teleport can be played on an empty board but with escape through time you can make sure you win a trade and you can easily play it if you have only one brain left to cycle it. The qualties are compareable but tp´s effect is a bit stronger.

Rustbolt can utilize both. again rustbolt is amongst the strongest zombies at the moment if not THE strongest. this is also part of the reason.

Personally I also think there should be a more control centered card-draw option for both sides... Triplication is ....a start but conjouring is just not as good as drawing your deck. 

Message 24 of 28 (385 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

most underrated combo is Planet of Grapes with Astro Shroom or Admiral Navy Bean which can draw your whole deck while killing your opponent. 

Regifting Zombie is also cronically underrated, because it's hard to play and you start hating a card that loses you the game (even if it wasn't the cards fault per se).

Secret Agent is also under the radar. It's a bomb in Immorticia and a good buff for all those Arm Wrestlers in Smash beatdown decks.

Corn Dog is among the best 2 drops for Plants currently, as it controls the board like Hot Date but can also be used offensively. The Hunt is obviously  so and so, but in Guardian Tempo decks, there are few things comparable to this. 

Maniacal Laugh is a great finisher that I rarely see people play (and when I see it, it's usually devastating).

And, this might be personally biased, Astrocado is a wrecking ball. It makes Tempo Wall Knight possible, which is one of the best decks right now. It is the modern finisher for Solar decks and so much better and quicker and finishing games than Astrovera combos or Cornucopia or whatever Solar finisher you prefer. 5 attack Strikethrough is such a threat that if your opponent spent his removal already, he'll probably lose the game. It's one of the few cards that can reliably win on a stalled board, even before Frenzy Zombies hit you. Even with control decks, it's really dangerous to go beyond turn 7-8, because there are so many haymaker cards that can make you lose on the spot no matter your hand or your board.

And this is without even considering that you get back your Core to revive the Cado. This is not very hard to do in WK decks. Consider that Astrocado normally kills 1 Zombie, deals 5, eats a removal, you play the core, your opponent removes it. That's a 3 for 1 that dealt 5 to face. Insane card. Play 4 of these and your best 1-4 cost attackers in a WK deck and you will rarely lose games.

Message 25 of 28 (383 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Sweet potato is the most underrated card in the game. It's win me more matches than any other card. It just completely throws off gameplans.
Message 26 of 28 (374 Views)

★★ Apprentice
High voltage currant is my personal favourite.
I have 4 in a berry deck with spudow and it's crazy fun. With photosynthesizer and spudows bubble up and storm front powers, health is rarely an issue. Sour grapes really gives it a huge boost too! Possible 5+ attack boost in 1 hit!
A lot of games finish with 2 in play up around 6+ attack and health.
And let's not forget they give you a free berry!

My starting hand have 1 currant, spike weed and photosynthesizer is awesome!
Message 27 of 28 (372 Views)

★★ Guide

@daalnnii  yes. sweetpotato is quite amazing. 

A card that currently amazes me A LOT is actually doomshroom... The popularity of Going viral and Gargantuars in general makes this a complete wipe almost every time you play it. PLUS Guardian class is currently really well suited to kill off small zombies and maintaining a strong board without harming themselves with playing the shroom. Thats actually very good.

Message 28 of 28 (350 Views)