Cannot import GW1 characters

by Ticksy

Original Post

Re: Cant import characters anymore :(

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
As stated by pandareno1999 due to technical limitations the ability to import your characters from GW1 to GW2 has ended.

Luckily all of the characters which you had in GW1 are already in GW2; the character import was just a short cut to unlocking them immediately if you happened to have them from the first game.

Now that character importation is no longer possible you will need to unlock them the hard way by reassembling them from pieces found in Sticker Packs just like you did the first time.

Also, unfortunately, based on accounts written in these forums the customer service representatives at EA appear to be generally unfamiliar with the exact details of the games which seems to often result in somewhat confusing or sometimes inaccurate responses from them.
Message 10 of 38 (3,793 Views)

Character import

★★★★★ Newbie
Will Character import be back for PS4 I got the game march 6 so wasent able to do it
Message 12 of 38 (3,786 Views)

Re: Character import

★★★ Newbie

This kind of * happens every time I buy something from you guys. Did I not spend enough money for my kids on your fake * to justify you keeping a database server available in case I decide to continue investing in your product?

You didn't even bother posting that this isn't a thing you can do and you haven't removed any of instructions on HOW TO DO IT eight days later.

This is why some people only buy EA games on the used rack at Gamestop.

Message 13 of 38 (3,770 Views)

Re: Can't import GW1 characters. Just Purchased

★★ Apprentice

most game sequels dont allow or have an option to bring you characters/items or content from the previous game in series, im glad and grateful that EA gave us the option to do so for a full year to after the release of the game.  if you purchased the game late and didnt get a chance to import its not EA fault or your you missed deadline its just a missed opportunity for a time limited feature.

Message 14 of 38 (3,737 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
That same thing happened to me it was at a very low price and my family bought for me march 6 but I couldn't import they should bring the option back at least for a month cause I know many people bought this deal but couldn't import
Message 15 of 38 (3,729 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Also, please remember folks that you can still unlock your GW1 characters in GW2, you just don't get them instantly unlocked as you would with a transfer. With a little playtime you'll have your favorite characters unlocked again. I can assure you that GW2 is worth the time, if you enjoyed the first game I'm sure you'll enjoy unlocking them again. While it might be an inconvenience unlocking them twice, the game is incredibly fun and with the deals you got on it, I think it would be a shame to drop the game due to this unfortunate misunderstanding!

Message 16 of 38 (3,725 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm wondering if perhaps they forgot to remove the language about character imports from the ad copy for the game to reflect the deadline.  Similar issues were brought up by several players who were accidentally misled to believe that the PC version would have online split screen.

Message 17 of 38 (3,717 Views)

Re: Cannot import GW1 characters

★★★ Novice

This is very dumb and your company should work to fix it, my son loved gw2 so much he got gw1 there was nothing on the box saying it's not comparability or you can't import I spend money on both games and now he can't import.. sounds very   Incompetent  From a company that makes such a find well craft game I have spent well over 500 since dec now for my son and to have this feature not be  available it's rediculus. I hope you guys get it together.  Not a lot of game from young kids so don't put  barrel in something this is good for children's 

Message 18 of 38 (3,593 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has been known for a long time?? Who are you taking too... parents and children's don't know that or newcomers to the game.. it should say it out side the box on gw1 since they still sell it ... to warn parents.  Speak for your self a lot of kids my son plays with want to buy gw1 to get the sombrero chili boom and other minor things you can not get via sticker..

Message 19 of 38 (3,593 Views)

★ Novice

Well this stinks. This is one of the main reason I bought the game.

Message 20 of 38 (3,578 Views)