Cannot find opponents on Xbox one FIFA 17?

by Rossw22

Original Post

Cannot find opponents on Xbox one FIFA 17?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I have recently upgraded to a new isp , but now I'm not able to find opponents in fut champs and online seasons.
When I click advance, I'm either shown the loading message or the pre-match screen with only my details and the opponent part is displaying the ' waiting for opponent' msg. After 30 secs, it shows that connection is lost.

I'm not sure what the problem is , as I have opened all the ports on my router and NAT type is also open

Please help me out, I have tried all other options including configuring the DMZ host
Message 1 of 2 (369 Views)

Re: Cannot find opponents on Xbox one FIFA 17?

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Rossw22

I've copied and edited this from this article.

It's possible that your network is using newer IPv6 IP addresses rather than the more common (and previously standard) IPv4 type.

• IPv4 IP addresses are 32-bit numerical strings separated by periods. For example, 192.168.1.1
  • IPv6 IP addresses are 128-bit hexadecimal strings separated by colons. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

Unfortunately, IPv6 and IPv4 are not yet at the point where they work well together on peer-to-peer connections. If you find that you lose your connection every time you play against a particular friend or whenever you join a match, chances are that you or your opponent are using IPv6.

You may need to speak to your ISP if you suspect this is the case, as they can advise you on any hardware or router firmware changes you might need to make to switch to IPv4 for gaming. 

Here's how to change your IP version on a PC:

1. Open the Control Panel and search for adapter.
  2. In your search results under Network and Sharing Center, click View network Connections.
  3. Right-click your active network connection and select Properties.
    •  In Properties you should see check boxes for both Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv6 is checked, uncheck it.
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv4 isn't checked, check it.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 2 (315 Views)