Re: Can't see friend in-game menu (Star Wars Battlefront)

by GeneralNicole

Original Post

Can't see friend in-game menu (Star Wars Battlefront)

★★★★ Novice

I have had a friend on Origin for months and we played Battlefront every single day. He unfriended and blocked me once, but then he unblocked and added me again a few days ago. Problem is, he shows up in Origin, I can join his game from there, but I can't see him in Battlefront's menu, he doesn't show up on the friends bar. I can't invite him to a party to play together this way, when we are in the same match and I check players list, he still doesn't show up as a friend. He can't see/invite me either. I had a similar problem with another friend but after removing and adding him again, it was fixed. This sadly didn't work with this friend. I have cleared Origin cache as well. I couldn't find any solution for this and we would like to play together in party, but can't at the moment. Please help.

Message 1 of 7 (6,601 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @GeneralNicole 

Weird issue indeed. Can you both try to remove each other from friends list and later, let him add you as a friend. Keep us posted on this.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly that does not work. And now this bug started with more of my friends, and they never blocked me, we are friends, they show up on Origin, but not in-game menu. I asked friends about it, seems like more people are having this problem. They can't see each other either, only on Origin. This way we can't invite each other to parties to play together, which is getting annoying. Also during matches, in-game players list still shows no friends in the match, while I'm clearly playing with them right there.

Message 3 of 7 (6,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

same issue, have had this problem with origin on and off for years. Its completely broken and frustrating when u want to game with friends but they never show up in games

Message 4 of 7 (6,450 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This issue is persistent. I have been experiencing it as well, tried all the possible solutions introduced by EA, however, they do not work. In my opinion, EA upgraded origin, but did not upgrade the game, so the game does not recognizes newly added friends. My friend is somehow using older patch of origin and he sees everyone. I would also like an older patch, however, EA keeps telling me, they prefer the latest patch! Well, if it does not work, and older patch does, well, guess what is the solution! Please provide an older patch!

Message 5 of 7 (6,398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me and my friends, we have the same problem.

I thank GeneralNicole for opening this topic (thread) .

I don't know what's wrong with EA. I'm surprised , this glitch is not fixed since so many months.

It's a pity, EA does NOT pay attention to his customers. EA does NOT take into account remarks about serious issues that prevent customers to play the game in decent conditions.

The solution is simple, EA must provide a patch that synchronize the parameters of the friends links between Origin and SWBF .

Could an EA moderator send the request to EA programmers ?

Message 6 of 7 (6,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since this issue is still not fixed

Rogue_Manda reposted a topic here :

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cannot-see-people-online-in-game-menu-but-see-them-on-orig...

It seem EA is not quick/prompt to solve the issue, since they think the problem comes from the customers network.

Check this thread, since EA doesn't help us on the actual page.

Message 7 of 7 (6,347 Views)