Can i even play this game on ps4 without ps plus?

by luizxexeu

Original Post

Can i even play this game on ps4 without ps plus?

★★★ Newbie

Hello guys, a few weeks ago I bought Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare on my ps4 but i can't even play the game because I don't have ps plus then i can't connect to EA servers. I'm thinking about to buy Plants vs Zombies GW2 if i could play the game offline mode without ps plus. I would like to know if I could play the game without ps plus, or if it's same as the first one game.

Message 1 of 5 (19,216 Views)

Re: Can i even play this game on ps4 without ps plus?

[ Edited ]

I cannot confirm this, but I have been told that you can play the single player story quests and in the backyard without PS Plus.  Also solo ops and solo "multiplayer" with AI (as well as two player split screen in those last three modes).

But I have to say, multiplayer and co-op are what make this game really worth it.

Message 2 of 5 (19,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
The game requires an active Internet connection to play because it needs to communicate with the EA servers.

With an active Internet connection you should be able to play all the "Solo" portions of the game and local Split Screen but anything involving Multiplayer or Co-Op play will require a PlayStation Plus subscription.
Message 3 of 5 (19,187 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, you can play with bots all the muliplayer modes and ops. The only mode that requires ps plus is the mystery portal.

Message 4 of 5 (19,140 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have friends who play everything  without having playstation plus. 

Message 5 of 5 (18,836 Views)