Bring sports games back to PC

by younever_know8

Original Post

Bring sports games back to PC

★★ Guide

Want to generate interest in your client?  Bring sports games back to PC.  I see threads on a monthly basis with people asking for EA Sports games on PC.  Bring Rory, NHL, Madden, Skate, UFC and Fight Night to PC and I guarantee you people will actually start using Origin.  Am I insane in thinking this?  Do a quick google search and you will see literally thousands of threads with people wanting to play EA sports games on PC again. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,574 Views)

Re: Bring sports games back to PC

EA DICE Team

@younever_know8

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with us!

You're completely right in that there's countless of threads about having more Sports titles return to the PC platform - I've encountered those myself as well here on Answers HQ. In reply to that, I just wanted to let you know that we're always looking for new ways of bringing our games (not just Sports titles) to our players. If the player demand is there, then it's something we will look into. However, I don't have any specific details to share with you at this time.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to always look for the discussion with us, and to talk to other players as well about what you love to see on Origin. If you're talking about it, we're listening.

Lastly, feel free to stop by for a chat in any of the other topics on the Origin forums.

Cheers, 

Message 2 of 10 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Straatford87

Hi Tom, 

I was just wondering how does EA gauge demand for bringing titles to other platforms?  I mean EA is obviously aware that the player base on PC could THEORETICALLY be bigger than PS4 and XB1 combined, so the install base isn't the issue.  So I'm guessing the reasoning for their investors and themselves is that PC gamers don't want to play sports games.   Is that based on data from FIFA? Previous Madden/NHL titles on PC?  That data would be outdated because it's close to 10 years old now.  Does EA send surveys?  I've never taken part in one but if there is a survey available I'd like to take part and possibly share it on the relevant hubs of the internet so EA can get a better idea of what PC gamers want to play nowadays.

Message 3 of 10 (1,553 Views)

EA DICE Team

@younever_know8

Hi again,

We've done surveys in the past on Origin, but they aren't always active. I also don't have any specific dates available about when we're going to be surveying next.

What I would recommend is to keep an eye out on the Origin client, but also on these Origin forums, as this is the first place where you'll find any updates about what we're doing with Origin. This is also the place where we will reach out to users directly if we're looking for feedback.

You can check out our Origin Spotlight program as an example:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Announcements/Introducing-Origin-Spotlight/td-p/5910398

Lastly, I'll be sure to tag you when we're next sending out surveys on Origin.

Cheers,

Message 4 of 10 (1,544 Views)

★★ Guide

Just thought I'd post the latest reddit thread talking about sports games coming back to PC (this one is pertaining to the Skate series)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/69udug/the_pc_needs_a_new_skateboarding_game/

Also a link to the relevant article:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-needs-a-new-skateboarding-game/

Message 5 of 10 (1,513 Views)

EA DICE Team

@younever_know8

Thank you for sharing those links :-)

Message 6 of 10 (1,502 Views)

★★ Guide

Another thread on reddit with this announcement.

Madden 18, NBA Live 18, NHL 18 and UFC 3 are not coming to PC

A big slap in the face to PC gamers who ask for any one of these games year after year.  It's also even more surprising not even UFC is coming to PC (again).  Don't fighting games do well on PC?  SFV is awesome on PC and even has crossplay with PS4.  WWE is on Steam as well.  Welp, there's always next year right?

Message 7 of 10 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I would honestly be surprised if they didn't bring Madden or NBA to PC. There honestly is no reason to not bring it to PC. I mean the PC market has quadrupled since 2008, it's also on the Frostbite engine, Which I thought was a PC oriented engine. Not only that, I bet they have a very simplistic method to porting nowadays, like Unreal Engine does. So something is up, either they don't want to bring it because of mods or something is up that is making them skeptical. What I also find extremely surprising is how NBA Live 18 is not coming to PC. That is a bad decision, especially if NBA 2K comes back with a good 2K game and NBA Live is limited to consoles-only; that could give 2K an advantage with PC sales. EA Tiburon needs to recognize the PC player base is still here and that we want Madden to come back, so I don't know what is up.

Message 8 of 10 (1,408 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
PLEASE BRING SPORTS TO PC!!!!!! Maybe I'd finally use my origin account and Ea sports again. Right now all we get is NBA 2k. Or Fifa Frown
Message 9 of 10 (1,300 Views)

★★ Novice

The demand is here and present and has been for the past nine years, I swear that if EA were to re-release/release NHL, NFL, and UFC for PC they would have great profit. I don't see any way a company can firmly evaluate from their perspective and say that people don't want something or do want something, especially rather when there are thousands of forums across the internet for EA sports game on PC. How can a company be so blind and ignorant of their customers and potential costumers? EA needs to hold by their word when they said they wanted to regain the trust of the PC gamer, and quite frankly being quiet and giving vague or discouraging answers isn't going to do them any favors in the PC market, consoles do far more harm to EA sports games, with a recent example of people connecting their consoles to their phones in competitive FIFA games and when losing calling themselves and disconnecting their opponent to cheat and get a better record in FUT Champs. EA need to give a definitive answer for NHL 19 on yes or no, because they might possibly lose their entire PC market if they keep dragging this along and might even make people never buy a game from them again. I know that is quite extreme but its a possibility, If there was any way we could get an answer from a person who is in the position of the company that can help us obtain our dream, please let himself be known. Please don't make yourselves into the next Valve, Rockstar, or Bethesda.

Message 10 of 10 (1,025 Views)