Re: Bring back quick access to friends list.

by Straatford87

Original Post

Bring back quick access to friends list.

★★★ Novice

I would like to see quick access to the friends list, like it was before the update.  All that was required was right clicking on the icon in the task bar and selecting friends list.  It would pop up and I could put it on my second monitor with my steam list and uplay list.   Now I have to open origin, select the friends list, then click the down arrow to get the drop down menu, then select open in new window.  I believe adding multiple steps to what was a simple process, not a life improvement. Thanks for hearing me.

Message 1 of 10 (1,153 Views)

★ Apprentice

I couldn't agree more. You need to bring it back. It's not even a question o whether one like the new UI or not, it's a question of semplicity.
I get that you wanted to give Origin a new look - I would have much preferred if you worked on fixing the many problems with it and improving the overall security of the network, instead, but what do I know, right? - but to do that you didn't need to remove one of Origin's most basic funcionalities.

Message 2 of 10 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is the one thing I hate about the new client. I love having a separate friend list off to the right on my desktop. That's how Steam does it and that's how EA used to do it.  Now, every time I open up Origin, I have to click on Chat, Open in a New Window, resize the friend list to the dimensions I want, and FINALLY move it to the side of my screen.  Very frustrating....

At the very least, there should be an option in the settings to default the friend list to always open in a new window.  Ideally though, I'd also like to see dimension and location saving, and the option to have separate chat windows with friends instead of the tabbed-only window that we currently get. This isn't a step forward, folks... it's a step backwards.

Message 3 of 10 (1,072 Views)

EA DICE Team

@sirglock

Thank you for sharing. From the comments in this thread it has been made clear that there is an improvement opportunity to the way you can access the friends list.

I will forward this for you to the Origin team so that they can have another look at this.

Message 4 of 10 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Would it help if we started a petition for this?  Every other service I use and I do use many have friends lists.  I keep them all open on my second monitor for reviewing with friends get on.  Why would you take that out?  Its like removing bearings in my lazy Susan.  

Let me know I will start one if you think it would help the team realize how important friends are to gaming.

Seems pretty simple to me but I know how corporate types are.

Message 5 of 10 (994 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

get looked at since october, but still no added feature. At least make a setting guys to have a default, its not hard

Message 6 of 10 (932 Views)

EA DICE Team

@saltyslayer420

Thanks for the bump.

I don't have info as to the if or when regarding this request, but I've made another note of it.

Thank you,

Message 7 of 10 (929 Views)

★ Novice

Will this be fixed in an update? There are too many steps and my friends and I don't even bother signing in most of the time anymore.

Message 8 of 10 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

We're aware of this request and have plans to look into how we can make the process of undocking and managing the friends list  window more intuitive.  I can't yet speak to when or what, but it is on our radar as something to explore as a quality of life improvement.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 9 of 10 (806 Views)

★ Novice

Reviving this question, if any update on this request, or any setting already implemented for this that I may have missed?

Message 10 of 10 (526 Views)