Re: Bring EA Sports Games Back To PC

by bigbrassones

Original Post

Re: Now that EA has Origin, why not bring Madden back to PC, as promised years a

★★ Novice
We need madden back on pc. I refuse to play madden on console any more after madden 17 ran like * and stuttered after every snap in game. I can't even play the game because it runs like garbage. I don't see what's wrong with giving it another run on pc. Give us a ported version of the previous years game I don't care. Or a trial similar to how Microsoft brought forza over to pc. I need my sports fix on pc and FIFA doesn't cut it. Let's make pc great again.
Message 11 of 19 (3,408 Views)

Re: Now that EA has Origin, why not bring Madden back to PC, as promised years a

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

EA built the Origin client for their titles but they don't put half their games on it.  Shouldn't Origin be THE place to play ALL EA games?  That makes sense, no?

You cannot assume because FIFA does not make parity with consoles that other sports games would not do well on PC.  You cannot assume that because inferior ports from a decade ago failed to sell on PC when digital distribution was not a thing that new titles would also fail to sell.  Personally, I don't care about soccer, but I do want to play American Football on PC. I do want to play NHL on PC. FIFA is not a barometer in any way for how a Madden or NHL would sell in today's PC gaming market.

Also, I have never once been asked on Origin if I would like to see other EA Sports games on Origin.  No surveys, no user polls.  How is EA gauging the interest of consumers on their platform?  It can't possibly be on outdated sales data and uninformed metrics.  Honestly, is EA even considering the thought that PC gamers may want to play these titles?  We want to know!

EA, please bring all your sports titles back to PC.  It's been too long.

Message 12 of 19 (3,313 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree...

I am surprised that EA, at least, did not take advantage of "play anywhere" feature on Windows 10.  It is baffling.  Other 3rd parties are doing it.  It adds a new lump to the purchasing-base with very little overhead.  Baffling.  At this point I think it is purism, or some other arbitrary reason as to why it won't appear on Windows 10.

Message 13 of 19 (3,290 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@GasStationPizzas wrote:

I agree...

I am surprised that EA, at least, did not take advantage of "play anywhere" feature on Windows 10.  It is baffling.  Other 3rd parties are doing it.  It adds a new lump to the purchasing-base with very little overhead.  Baffling.  At this point I think it is purism, or some other arbitrary reason as to why it won't appear on Windows 10.

If they brought Madden or NHL into the play anywhere program it wouldn't make much sense because they are already an entity on PC with Origin. Of course, they don't have these games on Origin anyway so it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure what it is, people want Madden/NHL/UFC on PC.   On top of that, the EA Access program is less lucrative on PC because it's missing these cornerstone titles. I'm just not sure why this doesn't make business sense for EA.  My bets is they have some huge licensing fees they have to pony up to these respective sports leagues if they want to go to another platform.  But even then, when you see many PC titles on par with XB1 and outselling in many cases it doesn't really make ANY sense not to bring their own games to their own platform.  This is like Sony saying "eh you know what the PS4 doesn't really look like the right space for this Uncharted game, let's just put it on Nintendo Switch".

Message 14 of 19 (3,275 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agree.

The play anywhere feature can use EA origin by simply using the data-feed via the xboxlive connection.  Having the option to install from Origin is easily programmable also, it can easily have a selection to activate xbox live for cross-platform games. Since Directx12, XB1 game production has used 64-bit Windows for development.  I live in Orlando, and have several buddies (won't say their name of course) that are at Tiburon in Maitland, and THEY have said that the only reason why it is not on PC is because of management's outdated belief that there is no market on PC.  This is obviously false, and now Simulation-centered games like Axis League 2017 will fill that void.

Message 15 of 19 (3,266 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i also have buddies that work at tiburon, and this is the same lame excuse they gave me. ironically they all prefer PC gaming over console. it is a absolute disgrace to EA to not have their most popular sellers available to PC gamers. I will never buy a console that has literally 1/4 the capacity of my PC.  get with it EA. our PC's are built to shine and your games will never see their true capability as long as you restrict them to console only gaming.

Message 16 of 19 (3,254 Views)

★★ Novice

Bring back Madden ffs.  the frostbite engine is a pc engine first and foremost.  not only that, they design madden on a pc, then make it work for consoles to begin with lol.  with the new xbox using dx12 api, it is even easier to make it happen since they are already going to make it for that platform. 

the main reason for them to bring it to pc... pc gaming software now accounts for more sales than all consoles combined.  in fact, it's actually around 400% more sales than consoles combined.  they are shooting themselves in the foot by not having new maddens on origin for the pc.

Message 17 of 19 (3,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with this. I don't want to buy a console just because madden but I have good pc and I'd really love to play madden because I'm a huge fan of football. I would totally get it if i could and I'm writing from eastern europe and I think I'm not the only one in this area who would like to play with madden in pc, like we do with nba 2k.

Message 18 of 19 (2,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie
"I realise this is a vague and non-committal answer" That it is
Message 19 of 19 (2,292 Views)