Be a pro / player projection

by RhinoHate

Original Post

Be a pro / player projection

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok so the way this game determines how a players overall gets better both in be a pro and franchise mode is crock of bull ****! Let me explain, my pro gets no where because playing on all star or above, your ai team-mates either do the stupidest plays costing your +/- or set you up for suicide passes where the second you touch the puck your on your butt body checked. That'd be fine but at the end of the game it comes down to my guys projection / overall its effecting!? "too many turnovers" well i keep getting passed the puck when in between 3 of the other teams players ... what can i do in less then 1/10 of a second ? So my be a pro with 140 points in a season gets drafted in the 6th round ... seems ... ligit... 

As-well as franchise mode! I have a high projected played (i cant remember who it was but a 79 overall kid with high (green) projection). So I put him on my squad for a year (mind you I dont sim the games I play every one) and after the 82 game season, the however many games in playoffs winning the cup, this 79 overall kid who had 50 points in the season (i cant member how many in playoffs but he was on pace with his season PPG) didnt gain a single overall in the off season !? Uhmmm ok ... of 50 point seasons getters now are deserving of  a 79 overall rating ?! It's confusing and angering that theres little to this game I enjoy.

I've had every NHL since 03 and for y'all to just change focus to the online 5 v 5 apposed to the single player game - you'r letting us all down, and many of my friends have stopped getting the game yearly because of it. Wake up and give us a single player game we can enjoy on ps4! Even NHL 15 on ps3 was fine but the games made 0 advancement in the last 2+ years including uping hardware to ps4 / xbox 1. You can't just pump out the same single player experience year after year and only worry about your EASHL and HUT because the game modes are falling flat simply because a good player doesn't get any better / the system that hockey is of a kid improving until his prime - is broken.  Minor glitches, bugs, whatever you want to call them, is whats killing this series, aswell as boring (generic) text boxes of the coach saying "gotta pass better" "stay outta the box!".

For a example, NBA 2k15 had mini intermission cut scene where the coach would go over the pros and cons. Yes it was pretty generic but better then a text box... Like y'all are doin the same stuff you used to do for PS1 / PS2 / Xbox (original) when the hardware is so much more advanced now a days you could be making a hockey experience with the minor details of when going to intermission - have the Zamboni circling the ice. No mini game, jus stock generated footage of the Zamboni doin what it does. Neurosciences missing like that were accept and fine when the hardware was being pushed to its limits. But y'all have this open canvas now to basically mimic a hockey game in its entire. But what y'all have is a out of touch experience thats hard to get into. All y'all have changed is made momentum a thing. Thats the only real difference coming from ps3 - ps4 i find.

Just please consider that LOTS of people still play single player - it's become apparent its the least import of your features you want to improve on. which is just sad when a video game is least concerned with its single player experience. I understand multiplayer has to be good too, but the core game that people know and love was SINGLE PLAYER! Don't forget your roots (but we fear you already have ...)

Message 1 of 1 (491 Views)