Battlefront not launching please help

by star231985

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefront not launching please help

★★ Novice

hey guys i downloaded battlefront two days ago and after the long waiting period it just doesnt launch. It shows up in task manager as if running and even says "playing battlefront" on my status. Tried updating alot of stuff and still havent figured out whats the problem. I thought it was an origin app issue but i downloaded mass effect 2 on the house today and no issues with launching that particular games at all however the stars wars i have no idea. Could someone please help i bought the game just to be able to get the rogue one dlc but the base games cant be played.

Message 1 of 6 (530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefront not launching please help

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @star231985 

Can I suggest you to restart your router first? This can resolve some minor issues with the connectivity. If after this are still having troubles getting online, can you disable Origin in game for Star Wars Battlefront? We also have an article here on the most common connection issues, can you try to perform troubleshooting steps, mentioned there? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (596 Views)

All Replies

Hello @star231985 

Can I suggest you to restart your router first? This can resolve some minor issues with the connectivity. If after this are still having troubles getting online, can you disable Origin in game for Star Wars Battlefront? We also have an article here on the most common connection issues, can you try to perform troubleshooting steps, mentioned there? 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 6 (597 Views)

★★ Novice
Reset my router , cleared cache , disable origin in game. Nothing seems to help but other origin game download and work perfectly so i have no idea whats happening with this stars wars.
Message 3 of 6 (491 Views)

Hello @star231985 

And thank you for reporting back to us. Can you load your system with the Clean Boot and try to run the game again. 

Let me know how in goes.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 6 (472 Views)

★★ Novice
Also tried clean boot and nothing changes. Every other game i bougt recently works flawlessly. Still have not figured it out.
Message 5 of 6 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hey guys my game is working now after an update from windows 10 (first update for the year) as of two days ago. Thanks for all the help again and the game was worth my trouble, love it. I feel like i've been taking advantage the other players.
Message 6 of 6 (434 Views)