BAP needs some love.

by Ysil69

Original Post

BAP needs some love.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Be a Pro mode needs some serious work. I still find it fairly fun but man can it be frustrating. First off, the AI all around needs to be better. The AI is so dumb, with zero hockey sense. The awareness stats don't help this. I can knock a guy flat on his * and the puck will go sliding away from us, and instead of skating to the puck, the AI starts flipping laps in the wrong direction until the opposing team skates in and grabs it.

Another thing that bothers me. When I get a good hit, why do I need to auto fight the person? Yes I cleaned his team mates clock. But seeing as how I'm one of the top goal scorers on my team, why the hell would I agree to fight some fourth line goon? Makes no sense what so ever. Get a big hit, automatic 5 in the box for fighting. Makes a lot of sense guys... Google tells me this has been a problem since 2013? Come on. If you want repercussions for big hits, just have the team cross check you a bunch and you lose some stamina from the roughing. 

Request a trade. I've seen several threads asking for this. How is this not a thing? And it seems like the game pigeon holes you into a position depending on your play style. My team wants me to be a support player. Like I said, I can score lots of goals, but that doesn't help because the team wants me to pass, and do more teamwork stuff. Screw winning, as long as we're a team. I'm assuming it's because I picked grinder. The game needs to categorize a guy behind the scenes depending on his in game stats. Scores a lot of goals, goal scorer. Makes sweet plays and gets a lot of assists, play maker. Good defensive play mixed with good offensive, 2 way player. The game should monitor progress, and if your play style doesn't fight your team anymore, I.e:They want a play maker and your a goal scorer, then they start looking to trade you to a team who's trying to fill the slot that your character fills.

Take away bad line defense. Not my fault your garbage AI can't defend worth a damn. What coach reams out a whole line for one players sloppy play? Also I lead the AHL in points and hits, and our team won WAY more games then the opposing teams. Yet I went 93rd overall. How was my draft stock so low if I did so well? You guys need a better way to measure worth, and I think the play style you pick really does lock in your game play. I'm sure if I just spent my entire time passing for my teamwork instead of scoring goals and winning games I would've went way earlier in the draft. It's really stupid to measure a players worth like this. If they score goals and win games, they're a valuable player. 

Oh and I read you guys used to have media interviews? Why the hell would you take that out? Anything that makes the BAP a more realistic experience is best. 

These things need to be patched in. But I doubt it'll happen as BAP doesn't bring in the revenue HUT does. So waiting until NHL 18-19 I guess. 

Oh another cool thing I was thinking off. Add nicknames to the play by play names. Wrecker, crusher, sniper to be really corny. You guys can probably think of better ones. I know nobody calls players by a nickname in the NHL but it's preferable to some random name off the list that isn't your guys name.

Oh. Also can we include our bap players in cup win videos? Lol my guy carried his team through the memorial cup and was no where to be seen in the final video.
Message 1 of 1 (563 Views)