Arcane Lotus ( Rose new ability )

by Berit

Original Post

Re: Arcane Lotus ( Rose new ability )

★★★★★ Guide

Yes because the Husk Hop is as broken as it can get. But in any real combat situation no one will spent a skill to destroy a weak heal station when there are people to kill.

In general you could use the new Rose skill as a temporary heal station while capturing, just like the armored one. But their low efficiency in a fast paced combat situation just doesn't make any difference. And since you can't heal yourself as Rose, you are always better off by simply playing as Flower for heals.

Message 11 of 19 (514 Views)

Hero (Retired)

My guess is that the Armored Heal Station heals slower because it's more difficult to destroy it; many of the games that I play in Scientist Heal Stations get taken out to remove the tactical advantage when they have been placed strategically.

I'd be fine with Arcane Lotus if they mad the one change that allowed it to heal yourself at the same rate as those around you- at that point I'd consider the trade off of the shorter duration and movement penalty to be a fair exchange for being able to bump up your own Health along with your teammates.

Message 12 of 19 (491 Views)

★ Guide

From the comparison videos I've seen it looks very underwhelming. It's like they were trying to make rose a more supporting class but didn't want her to compete with sunflower so in the end they never  achieved anything by adding this.

Message 13 of 19 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm going to revisit this ability after a conversation on reddit with a player who claims to have healed 162 HP in one use with arcane lotus, and also got heal master as rose, though I'd guess the total number for the boast must have been lower than what one can achieve as sunflower.  I tried it out some today, but couldn't come up with any numbers as I only played rose on one base and alien flower for the rest.

Message 14 of 19 (449 Views)

★ Apprentice

its good for escaping opponents

Message 15 of 19 (442 Views)

★ Guide

Is there a way to get it for us that wasnt around when he sold it last time?
Or do I have to hope for luck, or wait like 6 months until the item appears in the cycle of stuff ?

Message 16 of 19 (439 Views)

@CoZiosco wrote:

its good for escaping opponents

Are you thinking of Arcane Enigma perhaps?  Lotus only lasts for less than ten seconds and reduces movement speed to about half.  It's terrible for escaping.

Message 17 of 19 (423 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@pandareno1999

The only way I see Arcane Lotus healing that amount of damage in one go would be for it to have been activated in a group of injured Plants. It heals 4 points at each go and while I haven't timed it myself I think it sticks around long enough to heal 40 or so damage to one character so if you've got 4 or 5 teammates huddled around in the healing energy area you could heal that much in one go but I don't think it lasts anywhere nearly long enough to heal that much to one character and over the course of a full game you can't possibly compete with a Sunflower or Scientist in the game for Heal Master if those characters are playing their proper roles as Healer. But I've in the rare game with no Sunflowers and no Scientists before, or the super short Vanquish matches where everyone is just playing aggressively and those characters weren't bothering to Heal others so under those circumstances a Rose doing the Healing with Arcane Lotus would have a shot at the Boast.

Message 18 of 19 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]

That's precisely the situation for using her.  The person mentioned is a high level TT player, and would float through the garden when the zombies were trying to capture, healing the others in the circle.  Apparently, in the right situation, it puts out lots of health points.  I'm assuming there were no crack healers playing in this particular game for him to have gotten the boast.

Message 19 of 19 (391 Views)