Annoying/Rude players who keep you waiting

by bythehill

Original Post

Annoying/Rude players who keep you waiting

★★ Apprentice

I don't understand how if the other player has zero brains or sun they won't end their turn. You'll be kept waiting until the timer runs out for them even though there is nothing they can do. It's annoying especially when you come across someone who does it on purpose to either make you quit or just frustrate you. Their next update, I hope, should include an automatic ending of a turn if there are no more brains or sun to use (or no cards that cost 0 brains or sun as might be the case). 

Message 1 of 8 (580 Views)

Re: Annoying/Rude players who keep you waiting

★★★ Newbie

completely agree!!!

Message 2 of 8 (565 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In almost all cases, it's a young child who has gotten angry that they've lost their last game, and decide to try to take it out on their following opponent. The worst thing to do is to quit, even if you are playing casual. If you just continue playing the game as normal (without mimicking their actions) they will come to realise that it is only their own time which they are wasting, and therefore are less likely to repeat such behaviour.

Message 3 of 8 (562 Views)

★★ Pro
Still it sucks. I realized that it can be way worse if you are a plant hero, and zombies make you wait because those jerks do it twice a turn, and then just end up doing nothing...sometimes I think it's also they got a terrible draw, and figure it might give them a free win.

@daalnnii I think had mentioned in a thread months ago, there should be a cumulative time countdown, and if you use it all for creatures, and can't react to a move that plants make...oh wells
Message 4 of 8 (550 Views)

★★ Guide

Sometimes it gives them free wins. They usually have more random builds. People who can't learn synergy will try other ways of winning.

Message 5 of 8 (537 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In my opinion, most of these cases should happen because the player kind of does something else when playing. You can imagine like they are cooking or eating or watching TV and just press something on the phone and get back to what they are doing, so each of their turn is gonna be so long.

Message 6 of 8 (521 Views)

★ Pro

People don't know how to loose with proud..

Message 7 of 8 (514 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think that all of the above reasons given can be correct, sometimes all at once: immature players, who don't know how to play synergy decks, are distracted with other tasks (the human brain does not multitask as well as people claim it does), and then they get upset when they are losing, and hope to make you rage quit.

Doesn't change the fact that it's bloody annoying, and it seems to happen even more than it used to.

Message 8 of 8 (505 Views)