Re: Andromeda - Collected Ideas & Suggestions

EA DICE Team

@ADM-Ntek @draqonin

Let's refrain from legal discussion though Standard smile

Message 21 of 73 (5,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

1) We need more non-MW Aliens to shoot and learn about.

I think we need to meet some new 'kill on sight' species in Andromeda.... I was a little frustrated that I had to kill (without discussion) MW people on mass, it felt wrong to me. I feel like the MW'ers should have some sort of natural solidarity.

I was thinking a throw-away species, similar to the Vorcha. Maybe they are intelligent, pre-space travel but started on a Remnant shipyard planet. They adapted to use (limited) Remeant tech and used the ships spread to other planets with quick reproduction in pods similar to Alien Universe. Maybe they use a biological weapon(s) rather than guns, shooting spines, venom, acid mists.

2) There is great speculation and opinion about the Benefactor. My two cents:
I think it would be boring if the Andromeda project was started by something/someone in the Milky Way rather than forces in Andromeda. I like the notion for the MW species to be unwitting victims. Lured to Andromeda by something or someone placed in the MW as bait. Just like the Mass Effect relays.

It's tough to ignore the underlying assimilation and creation themes in the MEU. The Reapers evolved by combining the DNA of each cycle and their armies are modified species of the current cycle. Collectors are altered Protheans, the Kett are altered Angarains, who were in turn created by yet another Species. And then, we have the AIs. These themes are core to the franchise and should continue, without drawing on the past ME games for a Benefactor (EDi, Shadow Broker, Cerberus, Asari, Geth etc...).

I love the little easter eggs for ME1-3 but this is a new Series and it should stand out on its own. Any further pull back to the MW will only draw focus away from a 'new and unique adventure' It will also draw more unfair comparisons to ME1-3. That story is done, let it be done and own the Andromeda story.

3)
Please, Please Please, get Drew Karpyshyn involved in the ME plot and story writing again.

Message 22 of 73 (5,277 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You did Great work @fudgietrol, i'm sure it wasn't easy and this shows the dedication, not like so called hardcore fans that only talk s..t. Now let's hope that the BioWARE/devs will see this, some of the things can be implemented in this current game, others in the future ME game because there are some great ideas. 

This are not some story, quest or a new game ideas so with no copyright i think, and even if this still goes under copyright (not sure) this are things that will improve the game so non of us will get mad if they actually put this ideas in the current and future Andromeda on contrary.

At hte end thanks ofr the great work now let's hope it served something and we will actually see our ideas in the DLC (yep still hope it is coming sooner or later Standard smile) and in the future Mass Effect.

Message 23 of 73 (5,252 Views)

★ Guide

If it is on the list just skip to the next suggestion

Love to see lesbian sex scene with Suvi (with nudity) instead brief makeout scene

Ability to found more outposts (Cost of materials and maybe AP)

Reclaim failed outposts (cost a lot of materials)

Claim enemy outposts/settlements (cost a lot of materials and maybe AP)

Settling one more habitat planet

Have the dancers, at the club in the slums of Kagara Port, be topless (nudity)

Upgrade Outpost and more different species as arks are rescued

Visible see Nexus being repair/upgrade

Have the species become more visible as you rescued the arks

Ability to sponsor a mission to recover the turian ark and other wreckage

Tracking down the Benefactor

Adding option to forward outposts to check AVP (collect rewards)

Destructible Terrain by askavarian

More lively Vortex and become for expansive as the Nexus upgrades and expanses

Message 24 of 73 (5,181 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure how others feel, but I would like the opportunity to access just the initiate weapons and blueprints. Having tried out the deluxe version via a friend who owns it, the colour scheme matches nicely with the armour. I know it is available as part of the deluxe upgrade, but I don't really want all that comes in the upgrade and I would happily pay a lower cost (than the deluxe upgrade) just to have access to the initiate weapons and blueprints. It's all about the AI gear for me. Standard smile

Message 25 of 73 (5,169 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was looking all over the place today, and couldn't find anything on multiplayer account transfers from any platform to another. I understand, it would be a little work to do this but. Because the info can be displayed identically in the APEX app from any of the 3 platforms. It would probably take very little work to have the information pulled from just what the APEX app gives you and import it into another platform. I understand this is another thing that would have to be implemented, and I understand that it isn't really high on the priority list, but it would be a great service to offer to the players. It wouldn't even have to have levels attached to the characters, maybe just unlocked classes and weapons. Since those can be the hardest to get the characters and weapons you want especially if you have to start from scratch again, with weapons and characters you may not like to play. Even though it can be difficult to do things like this with Xbox live because of all microsoft's regulations, it should be more than easy to export the info from Xbox live to at least the pc, just as well as exporting it from the PSN to pc should.

Message 26 of 73 (5,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Personally I like to see a continuation of the series with Ryder twins but able to play the rescue of Aquarian ARK and who kill the leader Nexus. (maybe they can a kickstart)

Also, this list make a good references

answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Andromeda-Collected-Ideas-amp-Suggestions/m-p/6124548#M18108

Contact at Bioware dotcom is the email

or

Message by Twitter or Facebook to get your suggestions

Message 27 of 73 (4,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

A lot of the problems the game come down to EA pushing stuff in:

The open world, for instance. Every gameplay problem Andromeda had, Dragon Age Inquisition also suffered.

The multiplayer went from a fun horde mode, to an extremely blatant cash grab. Yes, the ME3 one had microtransactions and lootboxes, but at least there, you didn't get gun reskins or multiples of the same gun with different buffs. And you didn't have individually level every character and unlock half their ability points by getting each character ten to fifteen times.

Storywise, I didn't really have many problems, but Ryder came off as very passive. Even the most Paragon of Paragon Shepards had their moments of 'cross me and die'.

Minor gripe with the reveal with Garrus's dad talking with Alec, but worth mentioning though, were the facial markings: Unless we get some explanation on how they work using the stock ones from Tiran Kandros just smacks of being lazy.

Also, wish we had've actually gotten something a little better than a fade to black at the end of Vetra's romance arc.

This might seem nitpicky, but a list of 'please don'ts' is just as important as a list of 'please do this' from my eye.

Something to expand on though, would be the crafting system.

It felt kind of incomplete and restrictive to me. Like, the Remnant laser always defaulting to a beam weapon and hitting the weapon with an 80% damage nerf. Significantly less awesome than it could've been. The frost, fire and shock augments were a let down as well. Instead of being always-on ammo effects like in the first game, they were augments for when those ammo effects were on from the power ups, which only lasted a couple of clips, which also gives a mindset of 'horde until you need them' and thus never use them.

And then there's the loss of some of the cooler weapons from ME3, like the Phaeston, Acolyte, N7 Typhoon and Krysae. I understand the Geth and Prothean weapons, but I missed them.

The simplification of the melee system from light\combo\heavy to one attack based on weapon was a step backwards as well.

Same with the power profiles, to a certain extent.

I wouldn't say take everything back to ME3, because Andromeda definitely opened up options and improved on other aspects, but I will say I missed what was taken out or cut back. And Lance was significantly less fun than either Phase Disruptor or Warp.

The biggest blunder, really, was cancelling the DLC and replacing it with Annihilation. The books have been alright so far, but playing it would've been so much better than reading about it.

Message 28 of 73 (4,277 Views)

Hero

@The13Inquisitor wrote:

The open world, for instance. Every gameplay problem Andromeda had, Dragon Age Inquisition also suffered.

It's bizarre to me why there was such a divide between main story and exploration in both games. In Dragon Age Inquisition you have all those open areas, but how often do you have to visit them for the main storyline? You go to the Hinterlands to talk to Giselle, and to Crestwood and the Western Approach to talk to Hawke and the Warden. All of the other open world areas are completely optional and the majority of the main quest takes place in linear missions, which were much better suited for the combat system.

Mass Effect had the exact same design, as you pointed out. You get a bunch of planets with open world exploration, despite the combat system not being built for it, but most of the main story and loyalty missions are corridors. Those corridors also happen to be some of the best the Mass Effect series has to offer.

I think if they want open world, they should either change the combat to be more engaging in an open world game, or change the design so that all linear segments are within the open world. I think Crestwood in DAI is a good example of an open world level that serves as a hub for linear portions (the keep and the cave under the lake).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 29 of 73 (4,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah. The crafting system is very unfinished and convoluted. Especially with some items missing their upper tier versions (all the Pathfinder weapons, the Maverick armor leg) and the L-89 Halberd cant be crafted at all (being the only weapon to be missing). There is also the very restrictive iventory item limit. Remember in ME2 and ME3 where you could have all your armor and swap them out with no muss or fuss? Thats gone. If you are like me, you like having a set of all armors and can swap them out depending on how you feel that day. Well now you cant because having 1 of every weapon in the game and 1 of every armor piece in the game comes to having 110 items, thats if you dont carry any item mods for your weapons. Your base item limit is 100, you can upgrade it with cryopoints, but you lose that extra space in new game+, so until you get cryopoints, you cant carry any more items. On the plus side, they have the "vintage heatsink" which gives your weapons the ME1 cool down instead of the rather stupid "ammo" system from ME2 and ME3. Even Conrad Verner pointed out how stupid that change was. My only gripe on that is that its a weapon augmentation instead of standard issue. Lorewise, that makes 0 sense. Why would you want weapons that can run out of "ammo" and become useless when you dont know if you are going to have the resources to make anymore heatsinks?  

Message 30 of 73 (4,254 Views)