An unabashedly selfish request to Ultimate Leaguers

by AphidOfDeath

Original Post

An unabashedly selfish request to Ultimate Leaguers

★★ Guide

Dear most awesome Ultimate League players,

When you are playing ranked multiplayer vs a non-Ultimate opponent, once you have beaten them (e.g. you have 20 health while your opponent has 3), please concede.  You have unequivocally proven how and why you are in the Ultimate league while others are not, felt the worth of the deck you've just played, and lose nothing by exiting stage left-- in fact, you gain nothing by staying in that you couldn't have achieved in multiplayer's casual mode (presuming you're completing a quest).

Sincerely,

Pretty much everybody who isn't yet in the Ultimate league but would like to be before the ranking are completely reset when season 2 arrives

Note: This is one of those posts where you're joking, but you're also completely serious.

Message 1 of 19 (925 Views)

Re: An unabashedly selfish request to Ultimate Leaguers

Champion (Retired)
Lol. Might be doable in season two... But what if we get better rewards based on how many stars we've accumulated?

I just made it to ultimate a couple weeks ago... You don't always lose to ultimate and it's a good way to see if you're ready.
Message 2 of 19 (919 Views)

★★ Pro

In my opinion, a win that is not earned has no value, and is not really a win.

I certainly don't want anyone ever giving me free wins from conceding.

Message 3 of 19 (904 Views)

★★★★ Guide

as a rank 44 player, i do feel the same. i need stars to rank up

but, once you (and me) decide to play competitive in any games (ranked in pvzh), win is a win and lose is a lose. sportsmanship, dude.

Message 4 of 19 (901 Views)

★★ Guide

@daalnnii - Nothing funnier than beating an ultimate deck fairly handy in one round only to be destroyed by a rank 16 on the next.

@GrinningRuiner - When I play casual and don't need the win (e.g. need to fill up all the lanes with zombies, just need to do two more damage to a hero), then my opponent is effectively gaining an unearned win as my playing style is tilted towards completing the quest instead of winning.  Also, tongue-in-cheek, an unearned win is worth a star.

@zdarcon - I'm at rank 47 and only have time here and there to play competitively to finish off the journey to ultimateness before season 2 begins.  Admittedly, I'm unlikely to start submitting help tickets when I feel that I've been unfairly granted a win.

Message 5 of 19 (884 Views)

★ Guide
And you are ranked lvl47...
The gap between 47 and ultimate is very tiny, even more so because they don't get anymore free gems from leveling up.

I'm at lvl46 and I don't want any free pass to ultimate, that would make it completely worthless IMO.
Message 6 of 19 (869 Views)

★★ Guide

Tell that to Fry_Em_Up, one of the best PvZ Heroes players of all history (3000+ Stars in ultimate!)

Message 7 of 19 (828 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
3000 stars?? Wow really amazing
Message 8 of 19 (822 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JustCallMeTotal wrote:

Tell that to Fry_Em_Up, one of the best PvZ Heroes players of all history (3000+ Stars in ultimate!)

he is a good player, but not the best. and he play a lot, thus much stars

Message 9 of 19 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Nobody would ever do that stupid * to people that are about to climb the Ultimate League. Have you ever heard that there was a player from Bronze League can beat Ultimate League? 
Anyone can beat Ultimate League even though their deck is bad. You're playing on Ranked mode where nobody would give you rea life reward for climbing but the game can give you gems until you reached the Ultimate League.

Stop being so stupid a-s-s hole and know that anyone can beat Ultimate League no matter your rank is. That is why game can pick random people to match up like Rank 20 vs Rank 50.

Message 10 of 19 (809 Views)