Re: Alien flower

by DavodWonderhat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Alien flower

★ Apprentice

I think alien flower needs a buff, maybe 3 damage to 4 with the spores? she seems to under perform but maybe I'm just trash Standard smile

Message 1 of 10 (879 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

As you level her up her damage potential gets better as her Splash damage improves and lingers longer. The only other character with a similar damage pattern is Toxic Citron.

She's actually ideal as a "Support" character, going for Assists rather than direct vanquishes, if you can spread her spore damage around Zombies already being attacked and, as suggested, if you clog up map choke points or tightly grouped Zombies.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (929 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice
Just spam it around your enemy even if they're taking cover or maybe on choke points. If you've ever been on the receiving end of that you'll realize just how frustrating (to the enemy) and effective it can be.

She could use some buffs on her magazine capacity and direct hit damage though.
Message 2 of 10 (873 Views)

★ Apprentice

ok thanks for the strategy! and yea her magazine is quite small Frown

Message 3 of 10 (868 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As you level her up her damage potential gets better as her Splash damage improves and lingers longer. The only other character with a similar damage pattern is Toxic Citron.

She's actually ideal as a "Support" character, going for Assists rather than direct vanquishes, if you can spread her spore damage around Zombies already being attacked and, as suggested, if you clog up map choke points or tightly grouped Zombies.

Message 4 of 10 (930 Views)

[ Edited ]

Alien Flower excels at garden ops.  If you can get to the spawn points quickly, you can take out the whole group in short order, much like with the toxic characters.  It just takes a little while to get the hang of her, and she becomes really powerful once you've got the spore upgrades.  One thing she does incredibly well is control choke points and corridors.  It took me a while to "get" how to use her, but once I did, i was easily pulling down over 100 vanguishes in ops.

Message 5 of 10 (838 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You know, there's a surprising number of characters which are best played in some counter-intuitive style. It's been awhile since I was the Alien Flower but I remember trying to figure her out, and she is very awesome at Garden Ops.

I was leveling up my Engineers to Super Elite just over this last weekend and I had always been somewhat frustrated by the Sanitation Expert and the Plumber; I could do okay with them but I knew I wasn't using them to their full potential. I know that some of the Engineers are better at indirect fire, letting their Splash damage do the hard work but those two were just tough to play even with that tactic until I almost stumbled onto the fact that they excel at true indirect fire while trying to help the team subdue the defense while not letting a BBQ Corn vanquish me.

The shots of both the Sanitation Expert and the Plumber can travel in a high arc so it's possible to bombard the Gardens from behind cover at longer distances when you can't even see it by shooting upwards and letting the shots fall into your target area and dealing Splash damage to grouped Plants. The tactic works best in Turf Takeover of course since you can't always see what you're trying to hit but when the defenders are trying to protect a capture point it's the perfect way to collect Assists and the occasional direct vanquish.

The Alien Flower has that same sort of learning curve involved with her Spore Cloud shots. It's no wonder that I don't see her played all that much now that I think about it, or any of the other characters which need an odd or different style of play instead of "Charge Enemy- Aim Straight and Shoot" to be effective.

Message 6 of 10 (826 Views)

★ Apprentice

thanks, I was wondering if I was just bad or if it was underperforming character. its good to know the more I play with it the better the upgrades get

Message 7 of 10 (815 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You'll find that as you level up your characters up through Super Elite you'll get some of the same universal Upgrades at first but then you'll start getting upgrades designed to benefit some of the characters who have unique traits; like Tank Commander and Iron Citron both receive an extra Reload Upgrade, Hotrod Chomper receives an extra Speed Upgrade and so on.

So, generally speaking, when you're playing a character and wish that they maybe did a little more damage or were a little faster on the reload or that it would be great if that toxic aura was a little bigger and so on just hang in there because chances are you'll get an Upgrade eventually which Buffs that feature.

Just also remember that some of the characters also need a different approach to be effective.
Message 8 of 10 (774 Views)

★★★★ Guide

When you do level up the Alien Flower high enough, the two necessary upgrades for her are Damage Radius and Explosion Life; the third upgrade is up to you.

Message 9 of 10 (735 Views)

Thanks for giving the names of the upgrades, I was too lazy to look them up when I posted.

Message 10 of 10 (725 Views)