Re: After action report

by fudgietroll

Original Post

After action report

★ Pro

So I just made it through my first playthrough of Andromeda, and I really did enjoy the game. Nevertheless, I did have a few wishes and irritations.

First, problems

That stupid Nomad shield crafting task would not work

I got my hands on 2 super-cures on kadara and I still couldn't help the sick refugee at the refugee base

Not being able to see region names and landmarks on my map was irritating

There isn't enough Beryllium. It seems like most of the weapons use a lot of Beryllium to make, and there just isn't a huge amount around

I don't like having to wipe out the Collective base, just because I let Sloane and Reyes live

Second, wishes

Ryders/Tempest crew making babies. Besides the fact that babies are the future of the Initiative, it serves the dual purpose of irritating Addison and expanding the major Ryder Family Subplot. Plus, think of the discussions with SAM!

A "black" ark. Since the odds of the Quarians bringing Batarians and vorcha along are low, and the Benefactor seems to have wanted to save the major Milky Way races, the only other way to get this done would be to leak the Ark specs to the Batarians or an alliance of Terminus outfits. An alternative would be an official Cerberus "hail Mary" ark from before the Illusive Man got indoctrinated, possibly a plan B if the Lazarus Project tanked

Quest makers for "find more * for a location" tasks

More interaction with the independent nation on Eos

More opportunities/options to stick it to the Nexus Command outfit

The chance to edit some of the BS Propaganda in the cultural center (Turians/Humans, Krogan/Salarians)

More people in Nexus/colonies as viability increases

Militia bases at colonies

Reoccupation of Sites 1 and 2

More meaningful interactions with the ancient AI

AVG rewards stack/stockpile until being picked up, rather than requiring a pick-up to start loading again

More Council reactions to pathfinder activities

Having options for letting Sloane live where the Collective takes over

Choices/value for colonies other than Prodromos

Help quests/interaction for all named NPCs

I'm sure other people have more

Message 1 of 7 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Pro

@fudgietroll wrote:

So I just made it through my first playthrough of Andromeda, and I really did enjoy the game. Nevertheless, I did have a few wishes and irritations.

First, problems

That stupid Nomad shield crafting task would not work

I got my hands on 2 super-cures on kadara and I still couldn't help the sick refugee at the refugee base

Not being able to see region names and landmarks on my map was irritating

There isn't enough Beryllium. It seems like most of the weapons use a lot of Beryllium to make, and there just isn't a huge amount around

I don't like having to wipe out the Collective base, just because I let Sloane and Reyes live

Yup the first 2 issues really annoyed me, the third issue, I would rather have all quest markers included for task.  eg little mouse, wander around for hours trying to spot little camps to attack.  After everything SAM says nav point received and when I check the map its not there, I still cant find the main base.  Never sided with Sloanne so cant comment on that.  
As for Beryllium, this one is easy to solve.  Just deconstruct weapons that you dont need,  Like you said most weapons will need it so when you deconstruct your weapons you will get them.  Also you can buy them at the merchant kiosk.  Considering the huge amount of unspent money we have and minerals are cheap, its easy.

Message 2 of 7 (1,558 Views)

★★ Guide

Unlikely that the Batarians would've built and launched their own Ark. No ODSY drive, and on top of that their upper echelons were already indoctrinated by the Reapers via the Leviathan of Dis. This is pretty much the reason the Reapers opted to start their invasion from Batarian space, because they already had a foothold there.

Message 3 of 7 (1,540 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yeah, Admiral Hackett comments that the reaper invasion started there, and that they should consider the Batarians history. Although, without the Hegemony, the remaining pockets of Batarians seemed more civil and cooperative (might have been EDI's observation). But I think not enought to amass means to have an ark magically built, then leaving MW under reaper threat and scouts everywhere. If there's a Batarian going to Andromeda, perhaps someone detached, in Quarian Ark, not supposed to be there.

Message 4 of 7 (1,527 Views)

★ Pro

@PandaTar wrote:

Yeah, Admiral Hackett comments that the reaper invasion started there, and that they should consider the Batarians history. Although, without the Hegemony, the remaining pockets of Batarians seemed more civil and cooperative (might have been EDI's observation). But I think not enought to amass means to have an ark magically built, then leaving MW under reaper threat and scouts everywhere. If there's a Batarian going to Andromeda, perhaps someone detached, in Quarian Ark, not supposed to be there.

I don't know. The arks got out before the Reapers hit, and the Batarians seem like they'll try to match any human achievement and challenge them for any colony space even if it kills them. That being said, they could quite possibly make a substandard ark (with slightly slower drive, due to stolen ark plans being incomplete) which crashes or is destroyed entering Andromeda, leaving groups of evacuated colonists everywhere.

Conspiracy theory: the ark was built and launched from the Bahak System and the Batarians use the relay explosion to cover up its existence (honestly, even the Batarians should have noticed a giant asteroid headed for their relay)

Message 5 of 7 (1,503 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe bunch criminal, pirates, mercenaries, refugees, corporation, Barbians, mutants constructed a ark

Or

In case anti-reaper weapon failed in ME3, they construct or finish a ARK in mothball and send it to Andromdea with refugees, Babanians, mutants (cyborgs, Genetic experiments, Bionic experiments)

Message 6 of 7 (1,464 Views)

★ Pro

@SaintHedgehog wrote:

Maybe bunch criminal, pirates, mercenaries, refugees, corporation, Barbians, mutants constructed a ark

Or

In case anti-reaper weapon failed in ME3, they construct or finish a ARK in mothball and send it to Andromdea with refugees, Babanians, mutants (cyborgs, Genetic experiments, Bionic experiments)

Why not both? Could be Aria's master plan, given she goes AWOL before the drop on Earth

Message 7 of 7 (1,270 Views)