Re: A super reasonable teleport nerf

by Borisso

Original Post

A super reasonable teleport nerf

★ Guide

So... gentlemen... and ladies

I present you the best ever nerf one can possibly give to the overpowered teleport card...

We cap the damage at 5 attack or less.

This means that there are no Tricksters or Valkyrie.

However, Teleport, Tricksters, and Valkyrie will still be overpowered cards.

Teleport - 

Can still teleport shieldcrusher

Can still teleport vimpire 

Can still teleport zombie king

Can still teleport sharkatronic sub 

Valkyrie - 

Still does OTK...

Just a bit harder to pull off with the absence of teleport

Tricksters - 

Already overpowered with its bonus attack and huge stat

Combining it with teleport is just unfair... it can even be used for OTK

So yeah, it will be more fair when it isn't teleported in

Message 1 of 9 (850 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Plz stop saying cards are overpowered. None of the cards are. Some are better than others, but the balance in the game right now it great. I have over 20 decks and am very comfortable playing against any decks and cards. 

Message 2 of 9 (788 Views)

★ Guide

Well, basically everyone kinda agrees that the card is overpowered. So I came up with this suggestion. And it seems super reasonable

Message 3 of 9 (779 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I don't agree and know many top players like me that I play with every day that don't agree. Your suggestion wasn't bad at all, I just think it's unnecessary. The card is strong but fine.
Message 4 of 9 (761 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm not trying to pick sides here, but I also do not think Teleport needs to be changed.

Message 5 of 9 (753 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I find teleport ok as well, teleport "can kill you" only later in the game, and and that point everything could happen.

For me the only card needs nerf is Valkirie, that can easily insta kill early in the game.

Message 6 of 9 (746 Views)

★★ Guide

While its true that the cards that recieve nerf suggestions on a regular basis do not need a nerf or change as urgently as expressed by frustrated players and overall the game is fairly well balanced you cannot say it is perfectly balanced. A meta cannot be established in perfect balance...there has to be something "better to beat". In this case this is clearly valkprof. 
It isnt really toxic but since we all seem to have realized this, it might be okay to tweak one of the stronger cards of the deck down and maybe buff another card here or there to open a door for a meta change. Which is fun. And fun keeps people playing and paying. Digital CCG have this HUGE advantage that they can change things on the fly if needed, so why shouldnt they?

Message 7 of 9 (704 Views)

★ Guide

If you look at clash royale, one of their keys to success is that they change the meta every month

Message 8 of 9 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah but as much as I love PvZ:Heroes (it really is my fav game right now), Clash Royal is making millions upon millions of dollars, while I highly doubt Popcap is getting even close to those numbers with PvZ:H. Hopefully one day! But that is also a reason why we don't see as many updates/new content in this game as C.R.

Message 9 of 9 (686 Views)