First archive.

by Retro-Pathfinder

Original Post

Re: Introducing Origin Spotlight - Feedback is welcome!

Community Manager (retired)

@Retro-Pathfinder Hi!  Nope, I'm in sunny California.

Alex
Origin Product Team
Message 21 of 60 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

@EA_Alex is living the dream in California while I'm stuck in rainy Ireland. But hey, at least I never have to water the plants.. Wink

But there is also a cool part! And that is that EA is extremely diverse in who works for us, and where we operate from - it's awesome to get into contact with people from all over the world through work (and gaming).

I could have never imagined when I was younger that I would one day move abroad to work for a big gaming company like EA. I feel really lucky!

Message 22 of 60 (387 Views)

@Straatford87 give me your rainy Ireland any time with the added beerStandard smile

I am more of an autumn/winter person. I love cloudy/rainy days and snow. "I'm only happy when it rains" applies to me so well. I hate the heat that we get around here in the summer passionately. 

Back to the topic, i would rather have a less bloated client, with the strictly necessary functions. Cards, marketplace,  trading early access are some of the things that i dislike in Steam and i am glad that they are only there. Would rather not see those in any other client. Even achievements don't appeal to me much. I consider them just an artificial way to keep people interested in a game and i would rather have some nice content to do that instead of chasing some very specific actions. 

@Retro-Pathfinder I really like points 5-7 from your original post. Point 4 sounds cool, but i think that it would be hard to implement. The download/update schedule would also be a nice addition, combined with a speed limiter for the people that have a limited traffic from their ISP's or older hardware that can't support high-speed downloading and those fatures should be easier to implement. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 23 of 60 (376 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To point out an addition to the games in our library, I would say that when you rightclick your game a direct link should be possible to the designated forum from that game.

Its user friendly and convenient if people have something to say about it or have a problem.

Many people dont use forums and or a wrong forum.

Centralizing this with a simple click could be very handy in both ways for dev & customer.

You could even go further and implement also the livechat option when you rightclick a game.

All easens up the google search, fincing the right page, login in or creating an account, going to different tabs and blablablabla... User friendly ... simple... more feedback...more positive people.

Message 24 of 60 (360 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ivrognard

I guess my favorite season is spring, and we're in it now! But then again, I also do really love autumn where it's still somewhat warm with the changing colors and the coming of storms that makes it feel cozy to be inside.. Standard smile

Thanks as well for sharing your additional thoughts about the client. It's good to know that some players might love extra functions, while others won't. I guess the key is to find the right balance between both.

@Kozzzmozzz

It would indeed be great to have an easier method of reaching the (game) forums via the client. That's something we're looking at, but nothing specific to share at the moment. The same could be said for support (improving availability, not necessarily running it via the client).

Message 25 of 60 (343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Straatford87 wrote:

I could have never imagined when I was younger that I would one day move abroad to work for a big gaming company like EA. I feel really lucky!

Agitation and propaganda?  

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 26 of 60 (356 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

Neither.. :-)

Just happy that I found a place of work that fits perfectly with my passion for gaming.

Message 27 of 60 (347 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@EA_Alex @Straatford87

Because of my location I forced to use VPN. And Origin updating isn't available for me when VPN is switched on. So I started my client and authorisation window showed up. 

When VPN is switched off the updating window showed up.

Is Origin specially programed for that?

My current Origin version is 10.4.5.30491 - 0.

Message 28 of 60 (333 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Retro-Pathfinder

To clarify:

Origin never updates for you? Does this mean that any time Origin has released a new update you will have to download the new installer from the website? Or how do you usually update?

Message 29 of 60 (315 Views)

Hero (Retired)

EA_Tom написано:

@Vanya-pathfinder

To clarify:

Origin never updates for you? Does this mean that any time Origin has released a new update you will have to download the new installer from the website? Or how do you usually update?

Origin didn't offer it's update with VPN. I noticed that after the last release of the update. I decided to keep my current version of client. Last time I updated my client without VPN and didn't notice that.

Message 30 of 60 (309 Views)